IGNORED

AtariAge Store Last Chance Sale!

Albert

Just now, GDT2019 said:

I will be giving PayPal a whirl for my order as soon as home later.  Will update on progress then Al.

If it doesn't work for you, please send me a PM directly and I can help you out (and we can do an order manually if need be).

..Al

FWIW, it is not just the software you're using that handles state in a funny way. I have filled in "none" in my PayPal address for 20+ years now, and of course it is printed on every address label I receive by that system. It is a pet peeve of mine that despite nearly 25 years of online shopping, there still doesn't seem to exist any (major) system which can handle and format post addresses to various national formats. It isn't really rocket science to make a template that this field should go here, that field should go there, this field is not used in this country but that field is required and needs to meet the following pattern. It is like all programmers and publishers of web shop software around the world hate the post offices and couriers, so they make sure to malhandle addresses to make the sorting software and delivery services extra hard.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, carlsson said:

FWIW, it is not just the software you're using that handles state in a funny way. I have filled in "none" in my PayPal address for 20+ years now, and of course it is printed on every address label I receive by that system. It is a pet peeve of mine that despite nearly 25 years of online shopping, there still doesn't seem to exist any (major) system which can handle and format post addresses to various national formats. It isn't really rocket science to make a template that this field should go here, that field should go there, this field is not used in this country but that field is required and needs to meet the following pattern. It is like all programmers and publishers of web shop software around the world hate the post offices and couriers, so they make sure to malhandle addresses to make the sorting software and delivery services extra hard.

You're preaching to the choir here, it drives me absolutely nuts as well!! 

..Al

• Like 1

I already try to contact via contact form, but without response. Thus try this again here. I can't order because the shipment calculator throws an error:

Errors were reported while trying to calculate your shipping rate. Please contact us if they persist.
USPS: Missing value for ZipDestination.
USPS_INT: The country name is a US Possession.

It is easy to reproduce. Just select Germany and press "Show Shipping Rates". All other field filled or not don't seem to matter

Edited by smesgr

On 7/9/2023 at 7:33 AM, smesgr said:

I already try to contact via contact form, but without response. Thus try this again here. I can't order because the shipment calculator throws an error:

It is easy to reproduce. Just select Germany and press "Show Shipping Rates". All other field filled or not don't seem to matter

I am working on updating the store to the latest version of the software, which will hopefully fix these issues. Should be able to make good progress on it tomorrow, I've already done a test upgrade and need to merge in code changes I've made, as well as make some updated to the theme. Will be spending a fair bit of time in DeltaWalker!

..Al

• Like 2

On 7/4/2023 at 3:28 PM, Albert said:

If it doesn't work for you, please send me a PM directly and I can help you out (and we can do an order manually if need be).

..Al

Hey, Al! I sent you a PM a couple days ago about making one more addition to my order. Would you please let me know if this is ok?

I’ve been looking around on the site so please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere and also if I am out of line by asking: why is this happening? Why are so many games going away from the AA Store? AA has always been the premier publisher for home brew games for these platforms.

On 7/9/2023 at 7:33 AM, smesgr said:

If you're using the shipping calculator in the shopping cart before you begin the checkout process, that doesn't always work for international addresses.  But once you begin the checkout process, it should calculate your shipping properly when you get to that step in the checkout process.  If not, please let me know and I can help you further.

Thank you,

..Al

I just placed another order, though one of the games does not qualify as a "last chance" game.  ;)

Adventure II XE - Atari 400/800/XL/XE      

Beef Drop - Atari 400/800/XL/XE - Last Chance!      

Beef Drop - Atari 5200 - Last Chance!
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Orlock99 said:

Any other places to buy some of the games? I know of Champ Games page for their library but not sure if there's any alternatives for the rest, that isn't buying on Ebay for triple the markup.

AFAIK they all were AA exclusives.