IGNORED

AtariAge Store Last Chance Sale!

Albert

47 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I'm sure you will do well scalping them on ebay as your track record shows you're sure to do. :roll:

The thought of scalpers crossed my mind too. There should really be a limit on how many somebody can buy so that actual members of the community can get a chance at a fair price.  I could see grabbing a backup or too as I surely have but if your buying dozens with the plan to resell that's kinda shitty...

Edited by Silver Back
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, H454 said:

You may need to message @Albert and have it verified / activated.

Thanks for the heads up - I didn't realize this.  I should have been logged in when I ordered, but the store login and forum login are different, so I don't know how they could be linked.

10 minutes ago, Silver Back said:

The thought of scalpers crossed my mind too. There should really be a limit on how many somebody can buy so that actual members of the community can get a chance at a fair price.  I could see grabbing a backup or too as I surely have but if your buying dozens with the plan to resell that's kinda shitty...

It's already happening. :roll:

Granted this seller is a notorious gouger, but seems they are already working the ports ban. 

I can't comprehend the $225 prince on Deepstone Catacomb. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

I'm sure you will do well scalping them on ebay as your track record shows you're sure to do. :roll:

I can't remember the last time that I sold anything on eBay.  It has been years.  The last time that I sold on a regular basis was more than 10 years ago but thank you for thinking about me.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, groundtrooper said:

It's already happening. :roll:

Granted this seller is a notorious gouger, but seems they are already working the ports ban. 

I can't comprehend the $225 prince on Deepstone Catacomb. 

But Buying a copy of Galagon at 3x the price makes 3x more betterer! :dunce:

Everyone here is dumb for buying here on sale. The game grading service said the more you pay for it, the more its worth! Duh! :roll:

GALAGON NIB Brand New NTSC Champ Games Atari 2600

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Wow, major bummer! Just got the news via the ZPH video. Horrible timing on my part though, but hopefully I'll be able to buy a few from the AA store before the deadline.

While having a physical copy is nice, hopefully the roms will be available to buy elsewhere at least, straight from the author, etc, etc.. This could be a chance for digital sales to start shine, something more folks seem to open to nowadays, thankfully. Afterall, it's the future, imho. It's important these games are preserved and are playable after physical copies ceist to exist.

5 hours ago, tkarner said:

Just ordered, among others, KC Munchkin. Anyone else see the irony of KC Munchkin getting pulled off the market... again... 40 years later and for essentially the same reason?

This time it will be Philips suing though to make up for declining Sonicare toothbrush sales

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_of_Sipan said:

This time it will be Philips suing though to make up for declining Sonicare toothbrush sales

Actually it would like go to cover all of the C-PAP Machines that they had to recall over a class action lawsuit because the some internal parts could breakaway and get sucked into the tubes and then sucked into your lungs. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

This is a bummer, but I suppose it was inevitable.

But kudos to Al for giving everyone a chance to get a copy of them first! Many times in life you don't get a heads-up that something cool is going away, it just disappears, so I'm glad there's at least a grace period for getting these.

A lot of these ports were just brilliantly done, and you could really see the love of the originals from the effort put into them.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Jess Ragan said:

I see Philips is maintaining the same lofty standard of quality that they had when they made the Odyssey2.

YMMV, but I have managed to get 3/3 Videopac G7000 running by just adding a missing power source. I can't say the fixability rate on any other system I have come across in unknown condition was as high. Neither Atari nor Commodore comes close for me, and we should not even begin to talk about Sinclair.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2023 at 11:58 AM, holygrailvideogames.com said:

There are so many games that I would like to buy but I currently have over $1,500 in games in my cart.  I need to cut my list way back.

Totally understand...Even after cutting my list back I was still close to that number lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm still Incredibly Confused about the prices all the way around.

I know @Albert is out of town so I won't worry for now.  When I look at my Order History,  it doesn't show up.  But my confirmation email and PayPal account show I've paid. 

Edited by GoldLeader
I was tired and my math was off...

20 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I'm still Incredibly Confused about the prices all the way around.

I know @Albert is out of town so I won't worry for now.  When I look at my Order History,  it doesn't show up.  But my confirmation email and PayPal account show I've paid.  I assume I was logged in when placing the order.  And if I look at the games, from Seawolf to Gorf Arcade the prices are higher than the sale prices,  let alone any subscriber discount!

For example Gorf rang up at $54.  When I click on it the price shows at $51.30 (which is 10% off) and I wondered if there would be a Subscriber Discount past that?  My Seawolf W/Box is $37.50.  By my calculations,  that should be $21.38 + $14.25 for the box = $35.63 and that's if I Don't get my Subscriber Discount!

Hey! 

- Gorf regular price is $60

- The last chance 10% off sale price is $54

- an addition 5% off that price (for subscribers) would make it $51.30

Basically you were not logged in when you ordered (no order history showing is a possible clue) and didn't get the extra 5% as far as I can tell :) Everyone gets the 10% though.

hope that helps!

Edit - I also noticed the 10% Discount did not apply to add on boxes. They were all still $15/etc.. 

Edited by Crazy Climber
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1