IGNORED

MuddyVision ROMS available now.

Muddyfunster

ROMS for Muddyvision games are now available for purchase. 

(updated Jan 2024)

Please read the full post for ordering details.

7800 ROMS that are now available are :

• Keystone Koppers
  • Danger Zone
  • E.X.O.
  • A.R.T.I.

2600 ROMS that are now available are :

• Tyre Trax
  • Dare Devil

Compatibility & Pricing:

7800 Games 

image.thumb.png.e00f7e8efdaaece9b31b3fae5659d157.png

• PAL and NTSC Atari 7800 consoles with appropriate multi cart (Dragonfly, 7800GD or Concerto - see notes).
  • MiSTer Atari 7800 core.
  • A7800 Emulator v5.2 or better.
  • JS7800 & 7800DS emulators

Notes :

• On 7800GD it is recommended to disable the <BREAK> function for all Muddyvision 7800 games. This will avoid any slowdown issues.
  • 2048 is free. If you like it please consider making a small donation of a few $ or £ to an alzheimer's charity. 
  • Danger Zone : On Concerto there is no title music (Concerto FW Issue with POKEY).
  • Keystone Koppers : On Concerto there are minor graphical glitches on the text on the title page, they do not affect gameplay. They re not present with a CEM#0
  • 2048, E.X.O., Keystone Koppers & A.R.T.I. : All support HSC (+7800GD HSC), AtariVox & Savekey for highscore/game saves. (Make sure your 7800GD is initialised for HSC).
  • Legacy Prosystem based emulators are not supported (RetroArch etc). Modern versions of some Prosystem based emulators will work (JS7800, 7800DS for the Nintendo DS).
  • On other multicarts or emulators, your mileage may vary and they are not supported. (This includes Backbit Pro and systems like Analogue Pocket - if your platform of choice is not listed then try a demo first).

If you own a physical copy, and are happy to provide proof (email or similar proof of purchase from Atari Age) then you can get the ROM for a reduced price (except Koppers).

2600 Games

image.png.10c323ebb181689e96782cb5dad0f38d.png

• PAL and NTSC Atari 2600 consoles with appropriate multi cart.
  • PAL and NTSC Atari 7800 with Concerto Cart.
  • Stella Emulator (latest version)
  • Retron 77 with the community build installed.

If you own a physical copy of either game, and are happy to provide proof (email or similar proof of purchase from Atari Age). You can get the ROM for a reduced price.

You can also order both ROMS as a double pack for a limited time.

Ordering

You can order by private message here or email (muddyvision@btinternet.com).

Please state which ROM or ROMs you wish to buy and for which region (NTSC or PAL) and I will provide you with PAYPAL details to complete your order.

Once payment is received, the ROMs will be sent.

ROMs will come with a PDF instruction manual and will be delivered within 48 hours (usually much quicker, but please remember time zones!).

Terms & Conditions

Please check the compatibility of your chosen multi cart or emulator before ordering - if in doubt, please try one of the demos that are available as there are no returns.

If a ROM is ever updated due to a fix or other reason, an updated ROM will be provided.

ROMS are for your own personal use on any platform that will play the rom, you may not distribute, resell or share them, this includes putting the ROMs on a custom cart and selling them.

Any questions, please ask!

Edited by Muddyfunster
Jan 2024 updates
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Muddyfunster said:
  • Prosystem based emulators are not supported.

Generally accepted that Prosystem is badly dated but I did want to say that A7800DS (based on Prosystem but with an infinite number of fixes) will play the MuddyVision games nicely.

And, StellaDS will similarly play the 2600 games - and I highly recommend Dare Devil which is a personal favorite!

Now that should boost the available pool of buyers by a solid 2 and maybe even 3 :) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

ROMS for Muddyvision games are now available for purchase. 

THANK YOU!

Hopefully, this will become a much wider trend.  While I have nothing against cartridges (boxed or otherwise), space considerations make acquiring physical copies of software far less desirable than using that space for more hardware.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Look forward to supporting the ROM sales, but I’ll miss the CIBs.

IMG_0534.jpeg

Thanks for supporting Steve, very much appreciated. 👍

I don't intend to stop CIB releases or working with Al in the future to make them happen. Boxed releases will likely happen for E.X.O. (for PRGE) and Bernie and the Tower of Doom in due course.

I also recognise that not everyone wants a boxed release and sometimes folks prefer to play on a Multicart (my preference). 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Muddyfunster said:

I also recognise that not everyone wants a boxed release and sometimes folks prefer to play on a Multicart

I’ll admit that I am reaching the point where ROMs only will make sense. There’s only so much space in my Atari room and I’m not going past the allotted space. Having said that, there’s still room for E.X.O. and a few more.😀

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Muddyfunster said:

Thanks for supporting Steve, very much appreciated. 👍

I don't intend to stop CIB releases or working with Al in the future to make them happen. Boxed releases will likely happen for E.X.O. (for PRGE) and Bernie and the Tower of Doom in due course.

I also recognise that not everyone wants a boxed release and sometimes folks prefer to play on a Multicart (my preference). 

Thanks for continuing to support boxed copies as well.  For some of us it's a huge part of the nostalgia, and the package for keystone Koppers is just so perfect I'd hate to see those go away.  I'm glad for everybody who wants / needs digital copies as well.  Hell I'll probably buy them just to have the digital back ups. 

• Like 5

I just plain don’t have room for boxed copies of everything. I’m at critical mass as it is, plus I just prefer having the library available without cart swapping. But I do appreciate the work and care that goes into the carts/boxes/manuals. It brings back the thrills of looking at my collection on the shelf. 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

What about A.R.T.I.?  I'm looking forward to that one. Is it original enough for a cartridge release under the new Atariage business model?

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2023 at 3:25 PM, john_q_atari said:

Thanks for letting me know. I've had it boxed up for at least a year I think.  Maybe 2? If I end up getting stuck I'll be sure to reach out. 

If it's been a year or two you will likely have to do a BIOS update via a USB Flash Drive you create. I can provide a link(s) that explains how to do it, but I've read that for people who have never done anything like that before, they can contact Atari and they will mail them the BIOS Update Flash Drive. 

Edited by Aragorn7