IGNORED

MuddyVision ROMS available now.

Muddyfunster

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2024 at 1:27 AM, bent_pin said:

@Muddyfunster Thinking of getting all 5, are the 7800 games tested with a backbit pro with pokey support?

I do not have a backbit pro to test on unfortunately.

I know some members of the community have them but I cannot say definitively that they will work, so take it as a "no" for now.

For most of my games, public demos are available, you could try the demos on the backbit pro.

On 1/5/2024 at 7:27 PM, bent_pin said:

@Muddyfunster Thinking of getting all 5, are the 7800 games tested with a backbit pro with pokey support?

Keystone Koppers is the only game currently that I can state works 100% on the BBPro with POKEY support. The other games I have access to, would just give a black screen when starting up. And while Evie does state that the BBpro 7800 adapter can support games of up to 1MB in size.... I've never gotten any of the demos of that size to work. In fact, EXO is a 512kb game and that too does NOT load up on BBPro. 

I've talked to Evie about it a few times in PM and suggested she look at the Demos to see about getting them working. But she either requires the full game in order to really get it working (Which, isn't something I'm going to provide her or anyone else), or she has other priorities she is working on.

There is a good chance that Danger Zone likely works but I don't own that ROM so I'm not able to test/confirm it. But again, at this time only Keystone Koppers works on the BBPro at this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool, so I can buy the 2600 titles and Keystone Koppers as roms. Do Danger Zone or E.X.O. use special hardware, such as on-cart ram or pokey sound? If not I could just buy the ROMs and build my own carts.

8 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

Cool, so I can buy the 2600 titles and Keystone Koppers as roms. Do Danger Zone or E.X.O. use special hardware, such as on-cart ram or pokey sound? If not I could just buy the ROMs and build my own carts.

Koppers, Danger Zone, E.X.O. & A.R.T.I. all use POKEY (or a HOKEY chip in the case of a physical cart). 

Koppers, E.X.O. & A.R.T.I. also use on cart RAM (16kb).

ROM only versions are provided for use on emulators, multi carts, Mister etc. To be honest, I'd not considered a use case where a ROM buyer would be wanting to build their own cart as cart versions are available from the store. 

11 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

Koppers, Danger Zone, E.X.O. & A.R.T.I. all use POKEY (or a HOKEY chip in the case of a physical cart). 

Koppers, E.X.O. & A.R.T.I. also use on cart RAM (16kb).

ROM only versions are provided for use on emulators, multi carts, Mister etc. To be honest, I'd not considered a use case where a ROM buyer would be wanting to build their own cart as cart versions are available from the store. 

@bent_pin also have to keep in min that EXO is a 512k game so it uses a different PCB that was designed for it and the HOKEY it uses for POKEY emulation. I'm not sure that there is a generic 512k PCB available that would work with EXO? And as Muddy pointed out, they also use the extra RAM for cart useage.

On 1/7/2024 at 11:42 AM, Lauren Tyler said:

What's the new AtariAge business model?

Games using IP that the developer doesn't have rights to are no longer sold in the AtariAge Store. It's why so many games were delisted over the summer and Al had a last chance sale on those titles.

No worries, just kicking around the idea.

For some silly reason, I'd gotten it into my head that none but A.R.T.I. and 2048 were available in the store. I'll buy the three roms I can use and the store carts when Al has the time to fill the orders.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chicgamer said:

Games using IP that the developer doesn't have rights to are no longer sold in the AtariAge Store. It's why so many games were delisted over the summer and Al had a last chance sale on those titles.

Makes sense.  Will the ROMs ever be made available?

10 hours ago, Lauren Tyler said:

Makes sense.  Will the ROMs ever be made available?

For the games that have been removed; Champ Games sell all their games physical carts and ROMs on their store (https://champ.games/store). Muddyvision you can get Lewis' pulled games from him via PM as ROMs. Bob posted all his pulled games in a single thread for anyone to download. The rest comes down to what the individual developers want to do. Find the threads that pertain to the games you're interested in, if they were released as a ROM they may be there. If they were released as a demo ROM, post and ask them if they are available to buy the full release as a ROM.

Edited by juansolo
  • Thanks 2

I will be updating this thread in the next day or so with some slightly revised pricing and also details of how folks can get the A.R.T.I. and E.X.O. ROMs (Right now E.X.O. has its own ROM thread so I'll be consolidating them all here).

Watch this space :)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

On 1/12/2024 at 1:49 PM, vrocko said:

Hey has anyone tested the ROMS on the Game Station Pro? I'd like to try A.R.T.I., Exo and Keystone Koppers.

I'd love to know this too :) 

I do not have a Game Station Pro so cannot test myself. My guess is that it will come down to the 7800 emulation on the unit. If it's legacy Prosystem, probably won't work.

On 1/13/2024 at 10:26 AM, Muddyfunster said:

I'd love to know this too :) 

I do not have a Game Station Pro so cannot test myself. My guess is that it will come down to the 7800 emulation on the unit. If it's legacy Prosystem, probably won't work.

Well tried it on mine and nope it does not work. Looks like I'll have to get the cart! Tried EXO too but no luck. 

Edited by vrocko
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
54 minutes ago, pseudografx said:

Hi Muddy,

Any chance of adding a discount for purchasing more games at once? I'm considering getting digital editions of KK+A.R.T.I.+E.X.O.

That's entirely possible :) Best thing to do is PM or email me what you are looking for and we can discuss. 

• Thanks 1

Keystone Koppers is amazing! I’m having a blast with this one! On the levels where the shopping carts start to speed up they can come from behind you. I wasn’t expecting this. You have to jump backwards to avoid them. Most games I turn the music off. This game the music is done well it doesn’t become tiring it actually adds to the game play! Really great game Lewis! Thanks

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1