IGNORED

Are you attending the 2023 Portland Retro Gaming Expo?

If you're going to be at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo, post up here!  Also, feel free to talk about what you plan on doing at the show!

I'll be there, of course, spending most of my time at the AtariAge booth.  I do hope I can escape for brief moments to walk around, and not just to the bathroom and back to the AtariAge booth!  :D

..Al

• Like 1

I'll be there!  Already have everything set up but I do need to call American.  They changed my return flight to a 5 AM flight and that is not for me.  Hopefully there is a later flight that I can take.  Also, I hope I'll be able to help you dismantle the booth, Al!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

I'll be there!  Already have everything set up but I do need to call American.  They changed my return flight to a 5 AM flight and that is not for me.  Hopefully there is a later flight that I can take.  Also, I hope I'll be able to help you dismantle the booth, Al!

Excellent, will be good to see you there again!  And thank you in advance for helping to tear down the booth, that's always a big help and appreciated after the show, since we're pretty damn tired at that point! 

Good luck getting your flight changed, having to be at the airport early enough to catch a 5am flight sucks!

..Al

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

PRGE TIckets bought and hotel booked! This year I'll be able to be there early and stay late. Finally for once, there will be no rushing back to Canada and I can enjoy myself. 🙂

Excellent! 

I am always there early and stay late!  :D

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2023 at 9:02 PM, Albert said:

Excellent, will be good to see you there again!  And thank you in advance for helping to tear down the booth, that's always a big help and appreciated after the show, since we're pretty damn tired at that point! 

Good luck getting your flight changed, having to be at the airport early enough to catch a 5am flight sucks!

..Al

Of course!  Always glad to help.  As for that  5 am flight, I'm calling American this weekend.  I am hoping I can get on one of the later flights.  I originally was leaving at noon on Monday! 

Flight and room booked. I also had my flight changed to a longer layover. :(

I don't know if anybody else feels similarly to myself, but I really missed the golden age programmers last year. I missed David Crane, Tod Frye, the Kitchens, etc. HSW was there, which was a plus. I assume it's because he is so active in the community.

Last year was the first year they were not invited. I understand there are up and coming social media personalities, but it's just not the same. I sent a message to PRGE, using Facebook Messenger, letting them know that I miss the golden age programmers. A few have passed, and I imagine some may be limited in how long they will still be able to travel.

I am sharing this, because I'd like to encourage others to speak up, if I am not alone. If anybody else feels the same way, I would like to encourage you to send a message or email to PRGE. Sure there are past panels online, but there's always something interesting and unique that comes out of a live panel.

Also, if there's a better place to post this, please let me know. I'd like to see this considered.

--Darryl

• Like 5

3 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

Are you sure they (or none) were invited?  Or were they/some invited, but they declined due to last year being the first gathering after the pandemic and they didn't feel comfortable gathering in an uncertain time?

I wondered the same, but I found out they were not invited. I am not sure if panel applications are a new thing, but it was shared with me as if they were invited in the past. I hope to see some of them again.

I'm planning on going this year although I've not bought tickets or finalized any travel as of yet.  Seeing that I've never been to a classic gaming show before I'm really not sure what to expect or what I'll be doing while I'm there.  I am looking forward to meeting some people I've talked to on the forums over the past few decades, sitting in on some panels, and playing/buying some games. It's also kind of cool that I'll be at the show for the release of one of my games at the AA booth. :)

Edit:  I went ahead and pre-purchased tickets for the show for my wife and I.  Sometime in the next few weeks I'll work on airline tickets and a place to stay while we're there. :)

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bruce-Robert Pocock said:

Zephyr and I will be there.

Tickets bought some time ago … and we're just a Max (light rail) ride away, now. That sure beats flying in from Florida 🤩

We totally did not just move to Portland because of the show …

Fantastic, glad to hear you'll both be able to attend again!  And excellent that you can take the light rail!  Sure beats driving up from Texas.  ;)

..Al

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5-11under said:

I'll be there! First time ever. Hoping to have a game to sell in Rev's great Intellivisionland to help pay for the trip, and looking forward to meeting fellow AAers.

Awesome, glad you're able to make it for your first time!  I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun, as there is a to. To do and see. 

..Al

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 5-11under said:

I'll be there! First time ever. Hoping to have a game to sell in Rev's great Intellivisionland to help pay for the trip, and looking forward to meeting fellow AAers.

It will be great to meet you in person!   I will be there as always and will have a bunch of homebrews at my table!  

Atari Jaguar Block'em Sock'em cart

2600 Game Panic III:   Parcel Success Edition

Nes Homebrew Game Tortoises 

SNES Block'em Sock'em(Tenative)

Plus to have some of my remaining stock of previous homebrew Atari and Genesis game on hand.   

• Like 5

I will be attending again - 2022 PRGE was a load of fun.  The free play arcade and console section was very impressive, got to meet lots of people in the retro community, the panels were very interesting and it was a lot of fun to wander the show floor to see what was for sale.  And of course, playing lots of home brews at the AtariAge booth!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, swlovinist said:

I will be there as always and will have a bunch of homebrews at my table!  

Atari Jaguar Block'em Sock'em cart

2600 Game Panic III:   Parcel Success Edition

Nes Homebrew Game Tortoises 

SNES Block'em Sock'em(Tenative)

Plus to have some of my remaining stock of previous homebrew Atari and Genesis game on hand.   

Do you where your table will be?  I want to go by and say hi and get some of these homebrews!  :)