IGNORED

New Puzzle Game Block'em Sock'em for the Atari Jaguar. Free Download!

swlovinist

• 2 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Block'em Sock'em on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

WATCH AT 1080P FOR BEST QUALITY

On 7/8/2023 at 9:23 AM, swlovinist said:

Today, with the help of many from the Jaguar community, we offer you a free game to download and play on your Game Drive or Skunkboard(Also works on BigPEmu with Force GD enabled).   This has been the hard work from many people who made this happen.  I would like to first thank Adam Welch(Second-Dimension) for programming Block'em Sock'em, a joint creation of mine and his for the Sega Genesis.   This is a game that will be on other platforms in the future with the SNES game being finished and a possible 7800 port as well.   I then approached CyranoJ to see if this was possible for the Atari Jaguar.   CyranoJ took this project on for free to then offer to the community.  R. Strauss did the music.   J. Leal did the graphics.   On top of being a free download for GD or Skunkboards, I am also happy to announce that this will be offered on cart in very limited supply(next PRGE) for a very reasonable price.   Albert made this possible and I am grateful.   Later on, it will be offered in the Atariage store and I am delighted to hear that.  I also want to thank the play testers for making this a better game(Machine, neo_rg, Spordic, Saturn, Sauron, and agradeneu)

Your goal is to control me through 25 different levels to destroy boxes of the same color.  Your goal is to get the block counter below the goal number with a limited number of tosses.   If you toss a colored block and it hits another color, then your block will change to that color.  There are three difficulty settings.   This is to be a fun game enjoyed by many and it was great to offer this to the community to play.   

Below is a video of me playing this on my channel to help describe visually how to play it.   

Enjoy the game!

BlockEmSockem.rom 2 MB · 270 downloads

BlockEmSockEm.mrq 31.05 kB · 27 downloads

I noticed that the ROM filename and the mrq filename "BlockEmSockem" are spelled slightly differently. One has a lowercase "e" the other with a capitol "E" Will that make a difference?

15 hours ago, tripled79 said:

I noticed that the ROM filename and the mrq filename "BlockEmSockem" are spelled slightly differently. One has a lowercase "e" the other with a capitol "E" Will that make a difference?

Dont think so, anyone want to test this?

On 7/26/2023 at 1:24 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Everything seemed to work well when we streamed it last night through the JagGD cart.

- James

image.thumb.png.986683e6f1c3ff293150c3a70dd56ff1.png

When will you finally invite your cousin Conan O'Brien: the "clueless gamer" himself onto your show?scared conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

Edited by tripled79
  • Haha 1

I'm excited to try this out, it looks really great. I think it is fantastic that you were able to coordinate this effort. Great work to you and everyone that was willing to assist in bringing this to the Jag. Thank you for sharing the game with everyone here.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Ill post where my booth at PRGE when I know myself.   I also will have physical copies of Game Panic III for the 2600, my other 2600 homebrews, and hopefully Blockem Sockem for the SNES on hand as well.  Huge thanks to Albert for making this happen to be a physical release.  

BlockEmSockEm_Jaguar_Cartridge_2023-09-14.png.d83d7703930fc605b3253140fd2928dc.png

BlockEmSockEm_Jaguar_ClearCart_Unlabeled.thumb.jpg.1798cf2a6130a4146c31f786dd5ff642.jpg

BlockEmSockEm_Jaguar_Carts_Unlabeled.thumb.jpg.bade6babe225088da9deadba4f95654c.jpg

• Like 12

• 1 month later...

I had to display this new release in style like it deserves. 

I added the PDF for the front and back - I recommend printing at 97% on 100lb gloss card stock on a laser printer. Costs about $1 a print at Fed Ex or Kinkos print shops. I also use 3M thin craft tape to assemble the box instead of glue for that quality finish.

42EF41EC-4ED3-449D-8C30-818B102F4510.jpeg

909CCD0D-53A2-4931-9B1D-693CDC404277.jpeg

Back_BESE.png.pdf TOP_BSE.png.pdf

Edited by Smallywood
added files
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up that I have 8 physical copies of cart only.   The carts are clear and will be different that the complete in box copies offered later on Atariage.   These will be offered first at TORG this weekend and if any left over I will post in the buy sell trade.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...