IGNORED

Edladdin Super Twin 78 Stick Review and Attack of the Petscii Robots Application

Cousin Vinnie

Edladdin's Super Twin 78 Joystick may not be new, but Funkmaster V decides to try it out on a brand new 7800 Homebrew that has had some minor control issues- Attack of the Petscii Robots. See how this twin stick controller also does with Robotron: 2084, T:ME Salvo, Commando, Basketbrawl, and Sirius! #twinstick #atari #atari7800

Check out more Atari 7800 reviews at www.Atari7800Forever.com

Check out Big N Funky Productions movies and projects: www.BigNFunkyProductions.com

Edited by Cousin Vinnie
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, gorfcadet said:

I love arcade sticks, but I don't like that both fire buttons are lined up vertically.  I prefer a horizontal button layout especially in games where you have to hit both constantly.  Xevious, Bentley Bear, and Baby Pac come to mind.  Still for Robotron, that thing looks like a dream.

You can customize it either way- vertical or horizontal! I went with vertical just because it looked weird and I actually like it quite a bit! 

I just broke the world record on Basketbrawl the first time I used it and I set my personal record with Robotron with it tonight, 719,900(ish) and wave 32 on Intermediate. 

• Like 1

This is lovely!  Thank you so much for your kind words Vinnie.  🙂

And yes, we can move the buttons around as folks desire. 

These days, most people choose one set of controls with stick on the left and the other with stick on the right.  This effectively gives you ambidextrous options on the 98% of single stick games, as you can plug in one control set or the other.

Super-Twin-78-00095-b.jpg

Super-Twin-78-00118-b.jpg

Super-Twin-78-00107-b.jpg

1 hour ago, edladdin said:

This is lovely!  Thank you so much for your kind words Vinnie.  🙂

And yes, we can move the buttons around as folks desire. 

These days, most people choose one set of controls with stick on the left and the other with stick on the right.  This effectively gives you ambidextrous options on the 98% of single stick games, as you can plug in one control set or the other.

Super-Twin-78-00095-b.jpg

Super-Twin-78-00118-b.jpg

Super-Twin-78-00107-b.jpg

I've got the Super 78 and the Super CV Arcade, kind of makes me wish I'd sprung for the 78 twin when I got mine a few years back. :)  They are fantastic controllers!

• Like 1