IGNORED

SECAM Audio

JetSetIlly

At the bottom of one the copies of the "Stella Programmer's Guide" on the Internet, there's an additional page dealing with PAL/SECAM conversions. At the very bottom of this page it says:

"PAL sounds works fine on SECAM with one exception: when a sound is to be turned off, it must be done by setting AUDV0/AUDV1 to 0, not by setting AUDC0/AUDC1 to 0. Otherwise, you get an obnoxious background sound".

Has there been any research done on this? Any ideas how the "obnoxious background sound" might sound? (I don't have a SECAM 2600 here)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JetSetIlly said:

At the bottom of one the copies of the "Stella Programmer's Guide" on the Internet, there's an additional page dealing with PAL/SECAM conversions. At the very bottom of this page it says:

"PAL sounds works fine on SECAM with one exception: when a sound is to be turned off, it must be done by setting AUDV0/AUDV1 to 0, not by setting AUDC0/AUDC1 to 0. Otherwise, you get an obnoxious background sound".

Has there been any research done on this? Any ideas how the "obnoxious background sound" might sound? (I don't have a SECAM 2600 here)

Interesting. I was kind of curious as to turning off sound. Not necessarily SECAM but I tend to add audio as I go along and in some of my programs that are years old I get some conflicts that cause that crackling. I had usually set AUDV0 to 0 but I didn’t think about setting the AUDC0 as well

4 hours ago, Karl G said:

Interesting. I'm not sure about other devs, but my standard practice is to set both of these to zero. 

After chancing on this topic and going through my program this solved my problem that I had been wracking my brain on for days. Thanks guys! 

• Like 1