IGNORED

New Vectrex owner

Melbourne

You started with some of the best! The Kopp-Kornmann multicart has enough to play for a lifetime.

As far as individual games go, I highly recommend watching out for @minwah’s Vyrzon. I would also get VeCaves/Spike’s Spree as I think they are limited. There are so many amazing games I don’t want to list them all for fear of forgetting something.

I would definitely find a VecMulti ASAP. I recommend getting on Facebook just to join the Vectrex Fans Unite! group (the one with the logo rather than the motherboard) as there are lots of games and demos posted there you won’t find anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My personal favorite Vectrex homebrew is Vectrexagon. It is an exceptional port of the mobile game Super Hexagon in which you navigate your cursor 360 degrees to avoid collision with a collapsing hexagonal shape around you. It can be gotten from packratvg.com for $25 and the binary is available as freeware from https://sdwdevelopments.itch.io/vectrexagon . There is an option while downloading to tip the creator and I highly suggest doing so. Such an exceptional game with a banging soundtrack.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 6:44 PM, Melbourne said:

Hi,

Recently picked up a Vectrex with a no buzz kit.  What are some must have titles for it?  I purchased Vector Pilot and Vector Patrol from Kristof and VectorBlade and Cavern Rescue.   I also have Jason Kopps multicart.  

Thanks

D4A39CB2-DD97-4ED1-8F00-6A03FCA087F7.jpeg

Nice.  I just recently stumbled across Cavern Rescue while looking for something else, I had no idea that game was being made.

https://vectrexmulti.ecwid.com/Vectrex-Cavern-Rescue-Boxed-p570315934

It feels like a combination of Space Dungeon and Venture.  Whatever, I need to get this game!  Boxed with the overlay, of course, I'm surprised that review doesn't have that.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 12:06 AM, Carey85 said:

My personal favorite Vectrex homebrew is Vectrexagon. It is an exceptional port of the mobile game Super Hexagon in which you navigate your cursor 360 degrees to avoid collision with a collapsing hexagonal shape around you. It can be gotten from packratvg.com for $25 and the binary is available as freeware from https://sdwdevelopments.itch.io/vectrexagon .

Just purchased the ROM and added to my VecMulti cart. Thank you for mentioning Vectrexagon.

On 10/1/2023 at 6:06 AM, Carey85 said:

There is an option while downloading to tip the creator and I highly suggest doing so

Unfortunately, the creator, Andreas Gustafsson, died in March.  If any tips are made, I hope they are going to his loved ones. Vectrexagon is such a brilliant game that I often find myself playing for over half an hour, which is quite a few games played.