IGNORED

Psyclotron

Tempest

http://www.atariprotos.com/8bit/software/psyclotron/psyclotron.htm

This is a rom that I've had for quite a long time, but was never able to release for various reasons.  Thankfully I've now been granted permission to share, so here it is. 

Psyclotron is a fast paced action game that's similar to Robotron but different enough to be a unique game in its own right.  It truly is a shame that this game never saw the light of day as it could have been one of the greats.  I believe I've figured out everything there is to know about this game, but if you see or find something I missed let me know. 

PSY.COM

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

First time I've seen it; but it looks like Fandal has had a copy of this up for some time already. The game appears to be the same, but the files differ (no match on file compare).

Psyclotron

[Edit]

I guess it isn't the first time I've seen it: I see it's already in my games folder (probably from Fandal's site). I must have never been too interested in it; otherwise I would have remembered it. It's still an interesting little game/artifact, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, MrFish said:

I see it's already in my games folder (probably from Fandal's site).

As it turns out, it's not the same as the one from Fandal's site; and it doesn't match @Tempest's copy either. So, apparently 3 different binaries (have no idea where the 3rd one came from). Not sure how much they differ exactly. Size is relatively close on all 3 files.

7 minutes ago, MrFish said:

As it turns out, it's not the same as the one from Fandal's site; and it doesn't match @Tempest's copy either. So, apparently 3 different binaries (have no idea where the 3rd one came from). Not sure how much they differ exactly. Size is relatively close on all 3 files.

I accidentally posted the file for a day or two before being told to remove it.  I assume that's when Fandal got it (AtariMania had a copy too).  The program has copy protection on it, so maybe he stripped it out?

• 4 weeks later...