IGNORED

Support Rick's Extra-Life day fund raiser!

Hey there Intellivision nerd-friends!  It's that time of year again, when a lot of us gaming-hobbyists run an Extra-Life day gaming marathon to raise money for Children's Hospitals.

This will be my 9th year!  As is usual, I'm pretty confident that a lot of my gaming this year will be Intellivision focused because of all the new homebrews that are coming out.

As in the last couple of years, I'm planning to do two 12-hour marathons rather than one 24-hour one -- I just can't stay up for that long and be focused like I used to.  I'll be live-streaming on my youtube channel on November 11th and 12th, most likely from 8:00 or 9:00am until 8:00 or 9:00pm EST.

Anyway, I'd be thrilled if folks would donate to my campaign.  Again, it's for Children's Hospitals, specifically the Pittsburgh Children's Hospital in my case.  My campaign page where you can enter a donation is here: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=516833

My youtube channel where I should be streaming (barring some tech complications) is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/rickreynolds1969

Thanks to everyone in this community!

Rick Reynolds

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Rick Reynolds said:

Hey there Intellivision nerd-friends!  It's that time of year again, when a lot of us gaming-hobbyists run an Extra-Life day gaming marathon to raise money for Children's Hospitals.

This will be my 9th year!  As is usual, I'm pretty confident that a lot of my gaming this year will be Intellivision focused because of all the new homebrews that are coming out.

As in the last couple of years, I'm planning to do two 12-hour marathons rather than one 24-hour one -- I just can't stay up for that long and be focused like I used to.  I'll be live-streaming on my youtube channel on November 11th and 12th, most likely from 8:00 or 9:00am until 8:00 or 9:00pm EST.

Anyway, I'd be thrilled if folks would donate to my campaign.  Again, it's for Children's Hospitals, specifically the Pittsburgh Children's Hospital in my case.  My campaign page where you can enter a donation is here: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=516833

My youtube channel where I should be streaming (barring some tech complications) is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/rickreynolds1969

Thanks to everyone in this community!

Rick Reynolds

Good to see someone else in the PGH area.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who has donated and also to everyone who stopped by the stream to check in on things!  It was a very full and fun day.  Almost 100% Intellivision gaming today.

Tomorrow will be more mixed in terms of systems.  I've been reminded that I didn't play any Carnival or Sharp Shot, so I probably ought to get some of that in - gotta give the donors what they want!  That and images of me eating Cheez-Its...

For tomorrow, I'm hoping to dig into some homebrews on Colecovision, 2600, 5200, 7800, and maybe a Genesis and/or NES game or two.

If you planned on supporting the campaign but haven't yet, please go ahead and do so!

Thanks again everyone!

• Like 5

Thanks to everyone in this very supporting community!  I finished up the 2nd of my two 12-hour days today.  It was fun and somewhat exhausting!

If anyone here wanted to donate but didn't get a chance to, it's not too late!  Any funds donated before December 31st are still counted towards my campaign.

Again, thanks everyone!  At the end of tonight's gaming, the total for my campaign was just a touch over $2000, which is awesome!!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Ok, last posting from me regarding donations for the year.  If you wanted to donate but haven't done so yet, now's the time!  Donations up to the end of the year are still counted towards my 2023 campaign.

This year was very successful!  Thanks so much to everyone that donated!

We'll do it all again next year!

• Like 4