IGNORED

Online SDX Imager - Learning to Use

mytek

I've been trying to use the Online SDX Imager to add some FujiNet related commands (FLD.COM, FMOUNT.COM, ect.) to an SDX image I would like to use with the A8Pico Cart, but so far have been unsuccessful.

Browser: FireFox 118.0.1 (64-bit)

I can delete existing SDX external commands that I don't require so as to make some room for additions, and then save the result of those deletions back to the SDX image. That works - no problem. However when I try to add new files it brings up a file selector on my computer, then I select the .COM file I want to add, then click Open, and the file selector window closes but nothing appears to have been added (it doesn't show up in the list, nor consume any free memory).

image.thumb.png.8742f45d3b84d770de695699faf72493.png

I noticed when doing deletions, a SAVE button pops up after the deletion.

image.png.c5990dc8bac939e051e0da0e7b1081f6.png

There is no SAVE button appearing after my ADD attempt.

I noticed there is a Windows version available, and I downloaded that, but it wouldn't work in WINE under Linux Mint which is what I use (unfortunately no Windows machines over here).

1 minute ago, mytek said:

Thanks for the link and the suggestion Larry. I'll have to try Q4 Wine and see if I can get it working as well.

You're welcome. q4wine is an essential tool imho where you can install your Windows Apps into separate Wine prefixes, where one App (or it's dependencies ) can't break or hinder other Apps. Ideal to have a Wine prefix where all Windows/Atari tools are living.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mytek said:

However when I try to add new files it brings up a file selector on my computer, then I select the .COM file I want to add, then click Open, and the file selector window closes but nothing appears to have been added (it doesn't show up in the list, nor consume any free memory).

The "ADD FILES" button should now work (I forgot to implement this feature 😀). Please clear the browser cache first (typically Ctrl+F5).

Note that the online imager (still in beta) is primarily designed for simple modifications of SDX images. Use the Windows tool for advanced scenarios.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, trub said:

The "ADD FILES" button should now work (I forgot to implement this feature 😀). Please clear the browser cache first (typically Ctrl+F5).

Note that the online imager (still in beta) is primarily designed for simple modifications of SDX images. Use the Windows tool for advanced scenarios.

It works great now, and I was able to use it to make a custom SDX CAR image for my A8Pico Cart. Thank You :)

• Like 2