IGNORED

WOW..No ones in the Vectrex Area...I need help

Captain Cozmos

I would have thought the Vectrex is still popular but this thread seems dead.

So, if anyone does develop for the Vectrex I would love some info, link or anything else on the packet editing that displays the games graphics.

I need a drawing utility that outputs a Vector Packet of instructions.

I am making a set of routines to use vector Graphics on the Colecovision but drawing these graphics by hand is a serious pain.

I would suspect that someone out there created a utility to ease this for making software.

If you have any info post here or PM me.

O3 Cozmos

That's a catchy heading. 😉 This Vectrex forum is definitely not dead and I guess there are many people like me who just peek and don't post. As retromgr has pointed out above, you'll find most people in the Facebook group "Vectrex Fans Unite". ;) Vectorgaming Forum is a third place for questions and dicussions but it's not that frequented anymore but you'll find many answers, already, and if you do get an answer it's qualified and profound.

Some possible ways to get Vectors:

• There's VIDE, the Vectrex Integrated Development, that allows for drawing.
  • If you have and use Corel Draw for drawing vectors, then please let me know. I have written up a macro for exporting a vector lists.

That's just two possible ways - I assume Vectrex developers have even more ways to create such lists. Vectrex drawing is a bit special due to hardware tolerances - make sure that you try up your binary not just on an emulator but also on the Vectrex - ideally several Vectrexes. Good luck and fun!

EDIT: After rereading your post I realized that you're talking of vectors for the Colecovision (a fine console, btw). That's a different affair but the output of VIDE (see above) could be transformed into something that is useful for you. And Corel Draw macros can be adjusted in any way and output whatever you need.

Edited by hcmffm
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...
15 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

Dang shame, i think its a dream of any self-respecting button-masher to at least touch a vectrex in a home... sigh...

I don't think you read any of the follow up replies, and in effect bubbled up a dead post.  The vectrex is not dead at all, and is one of the most active retro systems for homebrew development in my opinion.

If the OP wants help coding stuff with the Vectrex, they need to reply and get engaged.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, playvectrex said:

I don't think you read any of the follow up replies, and in effect bubbled up a dead post.  The vectrex is not dead at all, and is one of the most active retro systems for homebrew development in my opinion.

If the OP wants help coding stuff with the Vectrex, they need to reply and get engaged.

to be fair, i was scrolling down the whole atari age forums for the late night, but even then and even if my point was not about the activity of the homebrew but moreso about, i think the fact that a vectrex is really hard to obtain at least for me, is on me so yeah. my bad :D

who doesnt wanna play death race and all the other fun vectrex homebrew?

• Like 1