IGNORED

The Harmony Cart works on the 2600+ one game at a time, Awesome!

E. King

11 hours ago, tradyblix said:

The sound on those games is atrocious. Esp Jr. The sound on some 2600 or 7800 games, like Beamrider, is tolerable. Endearing even. But those those 2 games. 

That's what happens when you make deliberately terrible ports to screw over your competitors, lol.

Even if you argue that the fact it was a 1 man dev team who had to ship in less than 4 months, the Intelivision version also being terrible is basically considered evidence that Coleco gave 0 shits about making a good version for other platforms... all while also bundling DK with the Colecovision.

It's kind of genius actually. Scummy as hell, but profitable.

On 12/1/2023 at 3:44 AM, batari said:

One more thing - for those who haven't found them in the Harmony forum, I created a few bankswitch files for use in single-image mode. You can now play F8 or F6 games, and most F4 games on the 2600+ using your Harmony cart. You can also play games using Sara RAM with these (though you may have to manually change the bankswitch type.)

Copy the attached files to the "arm" folder within the Harmony software, overwriting the existing files. These files should also work on a real 2600, not just the 2600+. The arm folder is in the install directory in Windows or Linux, or within the app bundle on MacOS.

2600+F4F6F8.zip 1.42 kB · 11 downloads

Do you know that the software doesn't work to talk to Harmony cart on Windows 11 or versions of MacOS greater than 11 ? At least this is the case for me. Do you have the very latest versions of both OS's for the flashing tool developer tool or what it's called ? It runs but never detects the device over USB C ? 

3 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

Do you know that the software doesn't work to talk to Harmony cart on Windows 11 or versions of MacOS greater than 11 ? At least this is the case for me. Do you have the very latest versions of both OS's for the flashing tool developer tool or what it's called ? It runs but never detects the device over USB C ? 

Working fine for me after I just got my cart, so maybe it's a personal issue? For me, it worked fine over USB-C but needed a decently high power transfer. I had to try 2 different usb-c to micro USB cables and the second worked perfectly.

49 minutes ago, Warboss Gegguz said:

Working fine for me after I just got my cart, so maybe it's a personal issue? For me, it worked fine over USB-C but needed a decently high power transfer. I had to try 2 different usb-c to micro USB cables and the second worked perfectly.

Well, it might be my cable I guess. I have a hard time getting a cable that is compatible with various comps that also has a USB mini end that works, I guess. I'll have to find another one. Thanks for confirming.

Edited by tradyblix

15 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

Well, it might be my cable I guess. I have a hard time getting a cable that is compatible with various comps that also has a USB mini end that works, I guess. I'll have to find another one. Thanks for confirming.

Make sure you get a data cable and not only a loading cable.

• Like 2

For me, I switched from a multi-tab dongle to an actual A to Micro cable I used to fast-charge things (both through the same A to C adapter in the same port) and it worked fine on the latter.

That's why I think it's a power-draw issue. I've transferred flies over the former so that wasn't the problem. I'd assume since the cart is just a PCB it would need a decent amount of power.

3 hours ago, tradyblix said:

Try your cables with your smart phone.

I labeled two cables, I know I can transfer data from my phone to my PC.

Most of the cables load your battery, but your Phone won't show up as a drive in e.g. Windows...

5 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Try your cables with your smart phone.

I labeled two cables, I know I can transfer data from my phone to my PC.

Most of the cables load your battery, but your Phone won't show up as a drive in e.g. Windows...

My smart phone cables ? they're usb c to usb c. for fast charging 2.0 over USB PD 45W. not gonna work with this lol 

I actually pasted in an ancient thread elsehwere and shared some screenshots. It's not the cable. The device shows up in System Info. it's something else. 

The tools around this do seem ancient so I would not be surprised if it stopped working recently for newer macs on ARM on Sonoma honestly. 

Edited by tradyblix