Jump to content
IGNORED

Atari 2600+ compatibility with new hardware from Atariage store


DEANJIMMY

Recommended Posts

I have no 7800GD, Harmony or Dragonfly nor a Mega7800 or Seagull 78 adapter.

 

Could others please share their results in this thread?

 

What I've read so far:

 

Atarivox is not supported yet

Harmony with one Rom seems to work

Dragonfly might work (will it be available again?)

Mega7800 only one button? Than it is a fail!

7800GD don't expect it to work...

Seagull78 ? 

Seagull78 with wireless adapters?

 

Traditional HW has been covered by another thread already (Atarivox too).

Not sure if these results should go there too...

Edited by DEANJIMMY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just discovering the homebrew store, looking to buy some for the new console, and am wondering if the cartridges listed in the 2600 store are compatible with the 2600+.  Are all of them compatible, or are some of them compatible?  Is there a list going for the titles found in the store?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bitsized said:

I'm just discovering the homebrew store, looking to buy some for the new console, and am wondering if the cartridges listed in the 2600 store are compatible with the 2600+.  Are all of them compatible, or are some of them compatible?  Is there a list going for the titles found in the store?

So far as I know @Albert will test all of the homebrew games from the shop.

On the current V1.00 release some work, others don't.

I havn't seen a compiled list yet, so better write to him before you order.

 

The best info is currently to be found in following thread (in this one I was looking rather for info about HW but games):

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tradyblix said:

There's a lot of hardware that I am not sure if it's produced anymore or discontinued... like SaveKey ? I wonder if that will be supported. I only have one game, Juno First that supports it for saving high scores.... 

Still available…

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1194

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, tradyblix said:

There's a lot of hardware that I am not sure if it's produced anymore or discontinued... like SaveKey ? I wonder if that will be supported. I only have one game, Juno First that supports it for saving high scores.... 

 I’ve played Juno First on my new 2600+ console.  Works fine.  So does Seawolf and Robot City

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 8:19 PM, scitari said:

I can confirm that the 7800GD does NOT work with the 2600+. This was of course expected. 

But at least the Mega7800 Adapter works on the 2600+ with A / B  buttons for 7800 games.

We tested it with Basketbrawl, Ninja Golf and Ikari Warriors. Both buttons worked on a 3 button Genesis pad connected to the Mega7800🤗

 

The outstanding test will be, if an 8bitdo Genesis wireless receiver connected to the Mega7800 will work on the 2600+, or if it drains too much power. If that would work, you could connect almost every bluetooth controller to play two button 7800 games🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2023 at 10:46 PM, DEANJIMMY said:

But at least the Mega7800 Adapter works on the 2600+ with A / B  buttons for 7800 games.

We tested it with Basketbrawl, Ninja Golf and Ikari Warriors. Both buttons worked on a 3 button Genesis pad connected to the Mega7800🤗

 

The outstanding test will be, if an 8bitdo Genesis wireless receiver connected to the Mega7800 will work on the 2600+, or if it drains too much power. If that would work, you could connect almost every bluetooth controller to play two button 7800 games🤔

Ok, the Mega7800 with 8bitdo Genesis receiver works on Atari2600plus if you connect external power to the receiver.

Now I can use an arcade 🕹 instead of the 7800 pad🤙

Tested A and B buttons with NinjaGolf🤗

Now waiting for the 2600+ update to finally play my PAL Commando with my 🕹

With no external power you get rapid fire which screws the controls as the receiver on top needs to much power and the voltage on pin 5/9 is either incorrect or shaky😞

Now I can connect by bluetooth a Dualsense, an arcade 🕹, 8bitdo pads, etc. and have two buttons for my 7800 games😊

20231207_162831.jpg

20231207_162815.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...