IGNORED

Arguably the most anticipated game in the history of the medium "Grand Theft Auto VI", finally has a confirmed release date for it's first trailer.

2 hours ago, Astro Rabby said:

Also you know it will be $80 AND have microtransactions.

And some not-so-micro, especially if they do online again. I don't consider the $100 money "cards" they sell a "micro" transaction. And, with the unbalanced economy in that game, the money you can buy doesn't stretch as far as it should.

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

After #4 and how that garbage fire played from the get go I gave up on the franchise long ago and happy it stays that way.  If I ever feel the need to go down that rage run again I'll fire up GTA3 or Vice City as they're great as is.

yeah I second this, they lost me big time with GTA4. Though I could see the writing on the wall with San Andreas- too much life simulator stuff and endless collection stuff. GTA3 and VC are two games I've put hundreds of hours into. I feel like I've gotten my fill of stealing cars, shooting people in an open-world setting. it gets kind of old after a while

2 minutes ago, dudeguy said:

yeah I second this, they lost me big time with GTA4. Though I could see the writing on the wall with San Andreas- too much life simulator stuff and endless collection stuff. GTA3 and VC are two games I've put hundreds of hours into. I feel like I've gotten my fill of stealing cars, shooting people in an open-world setting. it gets kind of old after a while

That game I refused to buy.  The ghetto element, the dietary needs to not get a fat ass and be punished over it, too much other 'life' sim stuff and as you said even more overkill collection stuff.  That game had zero redeeming value to me.  What got me in GTA4 was the naggy mobile phone bs and harassment was a good bit, but really it was the unfair AI when it came to overly aggressive cops.  Right from stepping out on the curb the citizens seemed to be a bit shovy and whiny.  I'd bump into someone at more than a walk, sometimes they'd get pissed turn around and chase then hit me.  If I defended myself, suddenly a cop appears yelling a warning while opening fire.  F that game.  The cops had it out for you hard core in the AI routine when that one released.  It seemed you had to walk on eggshells not to get gunned down, while unarmed no less, by the cops.

28 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That game I refused to buy.  The ghetto element, the dietary needs to not get a fat ass and be punished over it, too much other 'life' sim stuff and as you said even more overkill collection stuff.  That game had zero redeeming value to me.  What got me in GTA4 was the naggy mobile phone bs and harassment was a good bit, but really it was the unfair AI when it came to overly aggressive cops.  Right from stepping out on the curb the citizens seemed to be a bit shovy and whiny.  I'd bump into someone at more than a walk, sometimes they'd get pissed turn around and chase then hit me.  If I defended myself, suddenly a cop appears yelling a warning while opening fire.  F that game.  The cops had it out for you hard core in the AI routine when that one released.  It seemed you had to walk on eggshells not to get gunned down, while unarmed no less, by the cops.

did you ever play True Crime: Streets of L.A.? I put a ton of hours into that game. It was kind of a poor man's GTA3 but it just had a more arcade feel to it

• Like 1

@dudeguy Oh I love(d) that game on Gamecube when I got it back in the day.  I played that one out to completion.  It blew my mind how well the created the basic streets, landmarks and overall terrain of the LA area and surrounding spaces and freeway systems as I know them as I lived more or less in the general area.  Poor mans or not, in ways I found it a better package compared to most GTA games.  It just seemed to be better thought out and put together.  I could not recommend that one more highly for the Cube.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 1:14 PM, Ross PK said:

I don't feel that excited about GTA 6 because I've been playing 3D GTA games since 2001, so I feel like I've been there and worn the T-shirt. Plus from the trailer GTA 6 just looks like it's basically GTA 5.5.

Gta III I love, there's just something very special about it. I quite like Vice City and San Andreas, and I really like Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories. GTA IV gives me a weird depressing feeling that I don't really like, but I love the vehicle physics. GTA 5 I find has a sterile look and feel to it, it doesn't really seem to have an atmosphere, it kind of has an empty feeling and I get bored easily, I'm not sure why because it's such a big map with so much to do.

Just to clarify, I'm sure I will still play GTA 6 at some point. And thinking about it more, there's a decent chance it'll have a lot of new and interesting features in the game that may have never been done before, possibly in any game. So it's a game which may end up really appealing to me.

I had an interesting dream about GTA 6 recently. I was playing it, in fact I think I was actually 'in' the game, and it had so many little details, just so many different things you could do.

You could put out a sleeping bag anywhere, whether outside or in some empty building and set up home in that space, drop clothes around on the floor, possibly put in furniture, and save the game there.

You could drop all sorts of things like empty crisp packets, and where ever they fell they would just get saved there, so when you next played the game, that empty crisp packet and whatever else you throw down on the floor would still be there.

There were all sorts of things all over the floor outside, like little individual colourful plants growing rather than copy and paste ones, pointless things like empty wrappers, spent fireworks, etc, which you could collect, you could also buy all sorts of different coloured lighters from the shops and collect those too.

There was some guy who would just sometimes fly around and chase you down for whatever reason and constantly fire rockets at you, he was relentless, if you went under water he would also go under water too, still firing rockets at you.

There was so much in detail in the interaction you could have with the NPC's. So many NPC's too, boats everywhere, you could go fishing, and throw other fishermen into the water.

There were all sorts of other things too, but I can't remember what they were, it was a very surreal and interesting dream and I would love to play this version of the game.

Edited by Ross PK