IGNORED

THE BIG CHRISTMAS 2600+ GIVEAWAY COMPETITION!

Ben from Plaion

12 minutes ago, DeadAlive said:

Miner 2019er, Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes Back all Levels.

Oooo, I wasn't aware of Miner 2019er, and I absolutely love Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes Back.  Looks like the physical cart is sold out, so I'd need to play the binary either in an emulator or some type of flash cart for the C64...

Edit: Also, Atari does own Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes Back now, so lots of possibilities there, and you can bet I'll be a strong advocate for doing some fun things with these titles.  :)

..Al

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For the 2600/+, maybe work out whatever issues there were regarding.rights, etc and finally release the Home Star Runner RPG that seemed to have promise, but was subsequently abandoned.

A bit kitsch, now, but we like that, don't we? ;)

Edited by AtariNerd
Specificity
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Albert said:

Oooo, I wasn't aware of Miner 2019er, and I absolutely love Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes Back.  Looks like the physical cart is sold out, so I'd need to play the binary either in an emulator or some type of flash cart for the C64...

Edit: Also, Atari does own Miner 2049er and Bounty Bob Strikes Back now, so lots of possibilities there, and you can bet I'll be a strong advocate for doing some fun things with these titles.  :)

..Al

How about convincing Atari to release 2600 Miner 2049er Volume II to the next Atari 50 update? I really enjoyed playing 2600 Miner 2049er on Atari 50 since I can save and load easily and those jumps in that game are a pain.

I would be happy about almost any original game that is re-released in an improved version. The packaging and the game booklet should be the same as the originals. However, the price per game should be fair.
As a child I spent a lot of money on arcade machines at the cinema. Galaga was my favourite for a long time. I would definitely buy an improved remake of it.

Edited by MDO
  • Like 1

I'd like to see some dip switch theme compilations of older titles, like Centipeded and Millipede. You could have both the 2600 and 7800 versions on the one cart.  Put that out around £25 with a printed manual and I'd be after it like a shot.

But my biggest wish would be for a re-release of the 7800 version of Asteroids.  It's one of my all time favourite arcade conversions and we can't buy it on cartridge in PAL-land as it came built in to the 7800 in the United Kingdom.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Yes, Asteroids for PAL players would be great.

Or NTSC.  I've been looking online for 7800 Asteroids and it seems to be going for $30-35 plus shipping for a loose cart.  

I guess I'm a cheapskate.   It's a great version of Asteroids but for that amount of money I'd like a manual and box.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It would be good to have a re-release of an old game Mr. Do! (either 2600 version or could do with 7800 (there was none released I believe for 7800 only released for XL/XE  8bit [correct me if I am wrong]).

In addition, it would be good to see some of the other old titles, where an ending can be added to the game, to avoid constant points scoring and make the game more attractive. There are many titles like that, so take your pick :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad5200 said:

When is the drawing happening?

On 12/6/2023 at 11:31 AM, Ben from Plaion said:

Draw closes 16th December 2023 at 7PM GMT. All entrants that posted in this thread up until that time and date with a mention of a game they would like to see will have their username put into a cup that I will draw the winners out from.

There are 15 winnable prizes and I will draw 15 winners from a cup on 17th December. First out of the Cup wins the Top Prize and so on and so on till we've drawn the last Mr Run and Jump Winner.

• Like 1