IGNORED

THE BIG CHRISTMAS 2600+ GIVEAWAY COMPETITION!

Ben from Plaion

4 minutes ago, Dbug said:

- If it's a 2600 game, then let's go for E.T.+ the symbol of the crumbling US video game market, republished as an Enhanced version with all the bug fixes and improvement made by the guy who made a deep dive on how the game worked

That would be cool... and it would also generate press because of it's infamous notoriety. 

• Like 4

Tell me what game you'd like to see released by Atari in the future for the 2600+

4-in-1 Swordquest cart, with repro feelies. All four games in one cart with instruction manuals, comics, etc. I always liked the series, but I just got Fire/Earth loose through garage sales 30+ years ago.

Edited by BydoEmpire
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Probably not likely due to licensing today, but I'd love to see @iesposta's amazing port of DK Arcade completed with the jump mechanism fixed so that Jumpman's not steerable in air, and given a proper release someday. Donkey Kong was *the* game I just had to have for the VCS one Christmas and lo and behold, Santa delivered. 😀

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I would love to see 'Mouse Trap' by Exidy as an updated re-issue.

It was always one of my 2600 favorites, and I am sure with all the programing tricks over the last 40 year it could be updated to be closer to the arcade version.

Not that I dislike the original 2600 version in any way, but it would be interesting to see what could be done with it.

• Like 4

I'd like to see:

Missile Command enhanced for the 2600. Update the sprites, include a "The End" screen and add in trak-ball support. I'd also love to see a true Lunar Lander released for the 2600. Maybe you can build upon the one that was available for the Flashback 2

Plutos & Sirius for the 7800. It would be great to see these two prototypes receive an "official" cart release. 

• Like 9

Wizzy of course! The game I have been working on for a while. It is basically an adventure game. The Lynx version is a bit further in development than the 7800 version. So the screenshots are from the Lynx version. The idea is to release the game at the same time on both the Lynx and the Atari 7800 in 2024.

The game has a rich storyline and I have a few different weapons that you may find during your quests. Here is a small video about them so far:

The advantage here is that it is a brand new game! There is no licensing problems. Currently I am developing it on the SN cart that has really amazing new bankswitching methods and also a SN76489AN sound chip that is a 3 channel music + 1 channel noice chip. But as I develop the music on Furnace Tracker I can also use whatever else that would be available. Even TIA. TIA is NOT a music chip...

The game will be family friendly. I have also written a small storyline that is planned as a companion to the game. The story of the first level (Suvi) is here as a pdf file.

Wizzy.pdf

My goal has been to make 40 copies so far. But if Atari likes it...

• Like 2

Toyshop Trouble really encapsulates the joy of a 2600 game: colorful, addictive, and fun. I'd love to see it released by Atari.

Second choice would be Man Goes Down if anybody manages to contact the original author (Alex Herbert, IIRC).ToyshopTrouble.thumb.jpg.39633f4a8717adde10b09234ce2402b0.jpg

• Like 6