IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

Posted (edited)

I decided to go to my local retro games store yesterday to look for Bowling. I didn’t have this one I believe @Intellivision Master and @JetmanUK  and @shane857 got me interested in it. 

This game store has a bunch of common Atari games for a buck each! Sure enough they had bowling for a buck! So I got it!

$23.00 later I walked out with this! CIB games are like new! M-Network Baseball and Football were my favorites back in the day!

They are 2- Players only! But if you have someone to compete with it’s a blast! Tron I already had a loose cart but for a buck I have a backup copy!

Plus they came with the plastic protectors they usually go for $2 a piece 

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

I decided to go to my local retro games store yesterday to look for Bowling. I didn’t have this one I believe @Intellivision Master and @JetmanUK  and @shane857 got me interested in it. 

This game store has a bunch of common Atari games for a buck each! Sure enough they had bowling for a buck! So I got it!

$23.00 later I walked out with this! CIB games are like new! M-Network Baseball and Football were my favorites back in the day!

They are 2- Players only! But if you have someone to compete with it’s a blast! Tron I already had a loose cart but for a buck I have a backup copy!

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

A nice haul there Chicken man!

🤟🏻

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Plus they came with the plastic protectors they usually go for $2 a piece 

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_0571.jpeg

IMG_0572.jpeg

Star Voyager is a great game. Visually similar to Star Raiders, thou you don't need the touch pad. More arcade style gameplay...

Edited by shane857
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes Star Voyager is a great game for the 2600. The 2600 had several good space strategy/ action games, but none that could competely replicate the a800 killer app Star Raiders. There is a thread that covers all of them, minus Space Attack, M-Network, which has a small amount of strategy sending your 3 squadrons to protect your base, and a great action section with chained explosions.

1355525709_SpaceAttack(1982)(MNetwork).p

1230512276_SpaceAttack(1982)(MNetwork)_1

Edited by CapitanClassic
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, CapitanClassic said:

Space Attack, M-Network, which has a small amount of strategy sending your 3 squadrons to protect your base, and a great action section with chained explosions.

Yes this is a good one also I have this one M-Network made some really good games for the 2600, I don’t think they got enough credit!

• Like 2

On 5/22/2024 at 11:12 AM, Intellivision Master said:

I'm waiting for the official update on the 2600+.  Hopefully there won't be a lot of steps like the beta update had.  I skipped that because it seemed complex.  With all those steps it's like doing a long math problem. 

lol same, not even for me in the way of "too many steps" its just moreso i hope that my PC will be able to detect it via usb once the updates out. i could jump through 10 hoops as long as the to-do list tells me what to do right :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

My one game is arriving tomorrow.  As for the Star Wars game, it's coming next week.  I was hoping to have it sooner.

cool, i do wanna share, i had the chance to get Ikari Warriors 2600 for an insane price, but i was too busy practicing my failing guitar when the auction ended...

now the mission will never be accomplished, and i wont be the prevailer of justice with Rambo Commando vs the Scrotum Cannons... WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO??? OOOOOOH! WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO???? /ref

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

Local pickup today

I really do need to stop

20240524_212258.jpg

Great game I picked this one up a few months back. Never played it before that, never owned it until now. I was playing quite a bit when I got it. Really enjoyed playing this one. It’s kind of unique 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

Local pickup today

I really do need to stop

Stop picking up local and start ordering online! When you feel the need to stop again, stop ordering online and start picking up local!

At least you’re stopping! Lol!

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

lol same, not even for me in the way of "too many steps" its just moreso i hope that my PC will be able to detect it via usb once the updates out. i could jump through 10 hoops as long as the to-do list tells me what to do right :)

That's the thing.  Is if the PC will detect the console.  The average consumer might not want/need to update the console.  Or perhaps they can't because they don't have a PC.  Also, they might be turned off by the process of it.  That's why when the official update releases, it needs to be as simple as plugging the console into the PC and you install the update directly from Atari.com with one button press.  It probably won't be that easy but it would be nice.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

That's the thing.  Is if the PC will detect the console.  The average consumer might not want to update the console.  Or perhaps they can't because they don't have a PC.  Also, they might be turned off by the process of it.  That's why when the official update releases, it needs to be as simple as plugging the console into the PC and you install the update directly from Atari.com with one button press.  It probably won't be that easy but it would be nice.

For me early on I was having an issue with my PC detecting the console. It was very intermittent. It would keep flickering between detected not detected. At first I thought it had something to do with USB 2.0 vs 3.0. I tried on different PCs. But that was not the case. I finally realized it was the USBC connection on the cable that came packaged with the Atar 2600+. I purchased a new cable online and it detects every time now no issue!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

Yes Star Voyager is a great game for the 2600. The 2600 had several good space strategy/ action games, but none that could competely replicate the a800 killer app Star Raiders. There is a thread that covers all of them, minus Space Attack, M-Network, which has a small amount of strategy sending your 3 squadrons to protect your base, and a great action section with chained explosions.

1355525709_SpaceAttack(1982)(MNetwork).p

1230512276_SpaceAttack(1982)(MNetwork)_1

This is great , I've been interested in the topic of the space shooters a la Star Raiders.  Thanks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Stop picking up local and start ordering online! When you feel the need to stop again, stop ordering online and start picking up local!

At least you’re stopping! Lol!

Love a local pickup

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, shane857 said:

Purchased this today. Quite a rare game in the UK especially.

Gameplay is similar to Pitfall, single screen only thou.

s-l1600.jpg

This is a great game, I like it much better than Pitfall.

It is very rare over here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

That's the thing.  Is if the PC will detect the console.  The average consumer might not want/need to update the console.  Or perhaps they can't because they don't have a PC.  Also, they might be turned off by the process of it.  That's why when the official update releases, it needs to be as simple as plugging the console into the PC and you install the update directly from Atari.com with one button press.  It probably won't be that easy but it would be nice.

yeah thats kinda what i mean, like i just imagine worse case is the PC will need a driver to detect what kind of device the console IS instead of receiving a signal to give power to an unknown device but yeah... will be cool, i will try to be patient for the official update as a linux user!

Even the Beta version seems simple enough i just think that it might not work well on Linux as of now with the Beta version without fiddling with the terminal, for which i am not equipped to do hahahaha... So yeah i will wait :)

• Like 1

oh also i got joust in for 7800, although i only have the standard 2600+ joystick so idk i could be missing out on something, hopefully once i get the new controller and fatal run in i'd finally be able to try it!

oh and pretend that i posted pictures of Towering Inferno, California Games, Chopper Command, Donkey Kong...