IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

35 minutes ago, Alex_813 said:

Picked up this Activision Checkers cart at a flea market this weekend and it has a foam insert inside. Don't remember ever seeing one of these. Was this common for Activision carts?

20240530_004403.jpg

20240528_001014.jpg

There was a thread started back in 2011 about this:

• Like 3

On 5/22/2024 at 6:31 AM, Bitsized said:

Here is another portion of my Long Island haul.  They had a lot of rare stuff and were marketing based off Ebay prices.  I've been seeking out the Super Breakout CIB for the box art, and it's a rad game.  After playing Crystal Castles as an adult (on the Atari 50) I understood it better.  As a kid, I dismissed it.  So, with this new-found appreciation, I wanted it CIB.  Jr. Pacman, like I said, I already owned the cart and manual and they sold me the box and cart for $10.  This is why I need to find that trade section of these forums.  Those other loose carts I got because GenXGrownup rated them favorably, or I feel I need to revisit as an adult to appreciate them better (Raiders of the Lost Ark).

image.thumb.jpeg.0abb885e524ac12617ad965b09de227b.jpeg

I hope I didn't lead you astray. 😜 If you have time, I'd like to hear your assessments of the ones I lured you into. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Finally got Crackpots which looks much better than the PAL hacks.

The label looks great but the contacts needed more than alcohol to clean. There was not much dirt but it failed to work.

It runs now on my 2600+ but still has issues on my NTSC Jr😊

20240531_121303.jpg

20240531_120536.jpg

20240531_133742.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 5

I'm still waiting on that homebrew game to ship.  I ordered it a few days ago.  Also, I hope to get the preorders from Atari.com soon.  They never emailed me saying the order was on time or delayed.  From what I heard/read, the orders are shipping out in June.  It would have been nice if the orders arrived this month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I'm still waiting on that homebrew game to ship.  I ordered it a few days ago.  Also, I hope to get the preorders from Atari.com soon.  They never emailed me saying the order was on time or delayed.  From what I heard/read, the orders are shipping out in June.  It would have been nice if the orders arrived this month.

21st of June for you guys I think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Yeah, they never did email or post anything about updated ship dates.  Ben just posted that the ship is in port, and it is still looking like June 21 for anyone who purchased from Amazon or Atari in the U.S.

• Like 1

The latest lot from WhatNot (live auction app) Got the Swordquest 2 comic to fulfill a CIB - and the Asteroids box to create a CIB - that is box, cart, manual.

The rest: I like to have manuals, cause I'm an adult now and read now.

IMG_8774.thumb.jpeg.935efb340da5e3154e2e050d2fe98ab7.jpegIMG_8775.thumb.jpeg.8a45b1e35d3853918d3f8c5fa2fad1bc.jpegGo

• Like 4

On 5/30/2024 at 4:51 PM, jonreddick said:

I hope I didn't lead you astray. 😜 If you have time, I'd like to hear your assessments of the ones I lured you into. 

Not at all, Jon.  I bought Squeeze Box, Name This Game, and Space Jockey based on your recent video rankings for US games.  Those ranking videos also help me to dodge some titles as well.  I appreciate it.  These titles do not disappoint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure most of you are aware that I'm a big Dark Cavern fan, I've waffled on about it here enough (about it and Gas Hog actually, you really should own both, I may have mentioned 😋).

I own the cart (both Dark Cavern and the PAL Night Stalker version), but now I have it CIB.

This is an Atari IP after the M Network purchase, Dark Cavern 2 please.

IMG_20240601_104036.thumb.jpg.1446ad8c3b1d80820fff4e47dab30866.jpg

I love the box art on the M Network series of games, very unique.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I'm sure most of you are aware that I'm a big Dark Cavern fan, I've waffled on about it here enough (about it and Gas Hog actually, you really should own both, I may have mentioned 😋).

I own the cart (both Dark Cavern and the PAL Night Stalker version), but now I have it CIB.

If you order at AA put Dungeon Stalker in the shopping cart🤙

20240601_115110.jpg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

If you order at AA put Dungeon Stalker in the shopping cart🤙

20240601_115110.jpg

Yes, I've got this on my wish list, still awaiting (hoping!) for a better way for Atari to distribute AA games in the UK. 🤞🏻

Do you like it? 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I never knew you were a big Dark Cavern fan.  Lol.  I have the game as a loose cart.  The image with the orange maze was not in the game.  It would have been nice if so.  Because I like how it looks.  Also, having a sequel come out would be good.  Maybe the sequel can have new weapons to use, perhaps even some power ups.  Add in new enemies and maze designs too.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Yes, I've got this on my wish list, still awaiting (hoping!) for a better way for Atari to distribute AA games in the UK. 🤞🏻

Do you like it? 

When I got it some years ago, I thought it is just Ok.

Then I followed the Dark Chambers hype and got the NTSC version, which is great while the 20% slower PAL version wasn't.

After I played Dark Chambers, I got back to Dungeon Stalker and really liked it🤗

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DEANJIMMY said:

When I got it some years ago, I thought it is just Ok.

Then I followed the Dark Chambers hype and got the NTSC version, which is great while the 20% slower PAL version wasn't.

After I played Dark Chambers, I got back to Dungeon Stalker and really liked it🤗

Dark Cavern 😜

Dark Chambers is also pretty great though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1