IGNORED

REMUTE - Releases a new Music album on cartridge for Jaguar

-^CrossBow^-

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, doctor_shred said:

It's even more odd than the audio cassette revival that is happening in the UK right now.

The vinyl resurgence is like the first guy in a city's bar scene that decided he's going to grow a mustache and dress like he's living in the late 70's. He's thought it through, done a little research on the era, has the confidence to pull it off, and made the thrift store rounds to build up some proper 70's outfits that make sense and are in pretty good condition.

The audio cassette enthusiasts are everyone else who subsequently grew a mustache and bought some vintage looking clothes at Target (Or perhaps Primark if you're in the UK?), but doesn't know WTF is going on other than knowing that first guy has a hot girlfriend and is generally perceptibly cooler than them.

Remute putting out stuff on Jaguar cartridge is like the guy that only goes to actual speakeasys (Not the ones you can find out about on Yelp. The ones that don't have to close at fixed hours because they don't actually have a liquor license), is so off-grid he doesn't even have to file taxes because he barters & trades for everything rather than relying on currency, designs his own clothing from found textiles, and already has the edgy haircut everyone will have next year. Also, he's having an affair with the Vinyl guy's hot girlfriend, but no one actually knows that besides the two of them and the girls they pull in for threesomes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2024 at 7:02 PM, cubanismo said:

The vinyl resurgence is like the first guy in a city's bar scene that decided he's going to grow a mustache and dress like he's living in the late 70's. He's thought it through, done a little research on the era, has the confidence to pull it off, and made the thrift store rounds to build up some proper 70's outfits that make sense and are in pretty good condition.

The audio cassette enthusiasts are everyone else who subsequently grew a mustache and bought some vintage looking clothes at Target (Or perhaps Primark if you're in the UK?), but doesn't know WTF is going on other than knowing that first guy has a hot girlfriend and is generally perceptibly cooler than them.

Remute putting out stuff on Jaguar cartridge is like the guy that only goes to actual speakeasys (Not the ones you can find out about on Yelp. The ones that don't have to close at fixed hours because they don't actually have a liquor license), is so off-grid he doesn't even have to file taxes because he barters & trades for everything rather than relying on currency, designs his own clothing from found textiles, and already has the edgy haircut everyone will have next year. Also, he's having an affair with the Vinyl guy's hot girlfriend, but no one actually knows that besides the two of them and the girls they pull in for threesomes.

Great analogy 😂

Me three. Have to say, I'm pretty impressed this shipped on time, and I'm really looking forward to it. I don't often get that much time to actually sit down and play games on Jaguar, but I do have it hooked up to some nice speakers these days, and I do use the CD player and VLM quite often for background music and ambiance when I'm working on other stuff. This will slot right into that usage, and it is great music for it.

• Like 4

On 3/13/2024 at 8:02 PM, cubanismo said:

Seriously: the best description of my work... ever. :)
Thank you!

The album is out now. All preordered carts were shipped and new orders will get shipped right away.
Enjoy:
https://remute.bandcamp.com/album/there-is-hope-atari-jaguar-music-album

• Like 4

20 hours ago, cubanismo said:

Me three. Have to say, I'm pretty impressed this shipped on time, and I'm really looking forward to it. I don't often get that much time to actually sit down and play games on Jaguar, but I do have it hooked up to some nice speakers these days, and I do use the CD player and VLM quite often for background music and ambiance when I'm working on other stuff. This will slot right into that usage, and it is great music for it.

That's the way I use my record player!

Maybe the next accessory should be a Jag Vinyl VLM!!! Where's Minter? Get him on that one!

On that thought, I'd really enjoy having the option to purchase the T2K Soundtrack on vinyl in a collectors edition with special vinyl coloring of some type.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, alucardX said:

On that thought, I'd really enjoy having the option to purchase the T2K Soundtrack on vinyl in a collectors edition with special vinyl coloring of some type.

That does seem like the kind of thing modern Atari could pull off. @TrogdarRobusto, you guys on this?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

That does seem like the kind of thing modern Atari could pull off. @TrogdarRobusto, you guys on this?

I'd prefer it over a speak hat, I can tell you that much.

Next up, Skylar remix record! Wha-wha-wha-wha-where-where did you learn to fly? Green face printed on the vinyl.

I got mine in the mail yesterday! I never did get my official email from Bandcamp about it having been shipped and only knew it had because on my order details, it provided a tracking number. But it did make it to the ITC just fine!

20240404_182755.thumb.jpg.003dd46f85261a538de92d0c5b927ddc.jpg

Brief 1min demo of it in action:

My only issue with this release, and it is a minor one. Is that it doesn't play the next songs automatically. It just loops the song you have chosen from the playlist. It would have been nice if it did provide some fade out after a bit on each one and then went to the next so the cart can just be left in the system, turned on and then enjoyed in the background. Most of his other releases have done that so it is odd to not see that here and I wonder if there was a technical reason for that?

I know the songs loop and were designed that way, but then the actual digital album has cutoffs for each song in place so again, just curious?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

My only issue with this release, and it is a minor one. Is that it doesn't play the next songs automatically. It just loops the song you have chosen from the playlist. It would have been nice if it did provide some fade out after a bit on each one and then went to the next so the cart can just be left in the system, turned on and then enjoyed in the background. Most of his other releases have done that so it is odd to not see that here and I wonder if there was a technical reason for that?

I know the songs loop and were designed that way, but then the actual digital album has cutoffs for each song in place so again, just curious?

My thoughts exactly.

4 hours ago, Smallywood said:

Thanks, I made it all from their promotional assets of the upcoming release etc so it’s as genuine as one could get for a release without a box.

That's cool.  I assuming it is something that FedEx Office can print on cardstock. 

9 hours ago, TrekMD said:

That's cool.  I assuming it is something that FedEx Office can print on cardstock. 

Correct. I use a very fine craft 3M tape to seal the box. Works much better than glue - clean like factory boxes and never separates or causes a mess. Make sure the box is at least 100lb paper. I usually use 120lb but 100 works great and Fed Ex stocks it. 11x17 and print to fit the correct dimensions for the box. This can be a headache if you have an employee that isn’t sufficient with their laser printers and adjusting your file you email them properly. I’ve done it enough there that they know me now. 😊 

oh I think it’s about $1.50 to have them print the 11x17 on the color laser and they will give you a proof for free if you’re concerned about their sizing of the image.

Enjoy!