IGNORED

Single Line XB Programs

Artoj

Hi All,

As I walked into my "Manshed" a small slip of dot matrix printed paper floated down in front of me, I picked it up and it was an XBasic single line program that I must have created back in 1984, so here it is:

1 CALL KEY(0,K,S):: X=X-(K=68)+(K=83)-(X<2)+(X>31):: Y=Y-(K=88)+(K=69)-(Y<2)+(Y>23):: CALL HCHAR(Y,X,30-(K=32 OR K=51)*2,1-(K=51)*768:: GOTO 1

So here is a chance for all those single line XB programs that are actually a complete program to be listed. The proviso is it must comply with standard TI99 XB cartridge. If you have other types of enhanced XB, please include them but make it known what you used and the special CALL or Function that make it unique. Regards Arto  

Edited by Artoj
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Artoj said:

Hi All,

As I walked into my "Manshed" a small slip of dot matrix printed paper floated down in front of me, I picked it up and it was an XBasic single line program that I must have created back in 1984, so here it is:

1 CALL KEY(0,K,S):: X=X-(K=68)+(K=83)-(X<2)+(X>31):: Y=Y-(K=88)+(K=69)-(Y<2)+(Y>23):: CALL HCHAR(Y,X,30-(K=32 OR K=51)*2,1-(K=51)*768:: GOTO 1

So here is a chance for all those single line XB programs that are actually a complete program to be listed. The proviso is it must comply with standard TI99 XB cartridge. If you have other types of enhanced XB, please include them but make it known what you used and the special CALL or Function that make it unique. Regards Arto  

I get syntax error in 1

Oh missing a ) at end 

1 CALL KEY(0,K,S):: X=X-(K=68)+(K=83)-(X<2)+(X>31):: Y=Y-(K=88)+(K=69)-(Y<2)+(Y>23):: CALL HCHAR(Y,X,30-(K=32 OR K=51)*2,1-(K=51)*768) :: GOTO 1

• Like 3

Here's a substantially modified XB single line spin on a demo concept I designed a while ago for TI BASIC (where it was seven lines):

10 RANDOMIZE::CALL CLEAR::CALL COLOR(1,2+INT(RND*3)*4,8)::FOR X=1 TO 30::P=P*-(P<9)+RND*6+1::S$=S$&STR$(INT(P))::CALL CHAR(32,S$)::NEXT X

Draws one of a large number of possible patterns in one of four possible colours, then displays the finished pattern for a few seconds. 

Edited by pixelpedant
  • Like 5

Here is a 1 line disk catalog program. To do this in 1 line is simply amazing.

1 IF B=0 THEN INPUT B :: GOTO 1 ELSE C=C+1 :: OPEN #1:"DSK"&STR$(B)&".",INPUT ,RELATIVE,INTERNAL :: INPUT #1,REC C:A$,A,J,K :: IF LEN(A$)=0 THEN CLOSE #1 ELSE PRINT USING "########## ### #":A$,J,A :: CLOSE #1 :: GOTO 1

• Like 5