IGNORED

Newly Acquired Harmony Encore Cart Not Working

spudzero

Hello,

I just repurchased an Encore cart after thinking my old one is dead. I had problems when I wanted to connect my previous one and go into development mode to put one ROM on it. The laptop I use would not recognize the first device at all. I tried updating the software, the drivers, and anything else I could think of. The micro SD card I have still shows up as Harmony, but the cart itself would not be recognized. After buying a new one with a cable included, in case that was the issue, I had the same thing happen. The USB port continually identifies the device as USB-Serial CH340 (COM5). 

Any help would be much appreciated, as the new Atari2600+ will not recognize them unless they have a single ROM loaded. It would make me sad if I just spent money on a second Harmony Encore for it to fail yet again. 

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide! 

Currently the Harmony (and most flash carts) will not work in the 2600+, except when you load a single ROM as you have described above.  This also applies to the Melody board we use for many games (which is derived from the Harmony).  We are hoping to improve support for the 2600+ so games featuring the Melody board will work, although I'm not sure that will also mean the Harmony cartridge will work as well.

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2024 at 5:17 PM, Albert said:

Currently the Harmony (and most flash carts) will not work in the 2600+, except when you load a single ROM as you have described above.  This also applies to the Melody board we use for many games (which is derived from the Harmony).  We are hoping to improve support for the 2600+ so games featuring the Melody board will work, although I'm not sure that will also mean the Harmony cartridge will work as well.

..Al

Thanks for the update. Hopefully, the 2600+ will work with it fully soon.

I'm still not sure what is wrong with both of my Harmony Encore carts. They are both detected by my USB drive and the drivers are all good. Is Windows 11 the issue?