IGNORED

Menu for DD 180K ATR disk images

I remember having menu disks where you would format the disk and copy a handful of games to it - then I could boot another floppy and a menu like this one (see image) would appear. It took up like the first 3 sectors of the disk. You could put your new 180K floppy into the drive and press (I think) ESC and it would write a new 3 sector menu to the disk. This saved you a lot of space not having to put DOS on the disk and you had a new binary menu disk where it would list the COM files on the disk and you pick one and it would load it.  I want this but for more files since we now live with 16MB ATR images I want all my favorite 8bit games on one image or a few images.  Anyone got anything like this but can handle like 50 games?  Someone with coding skills needs to write that for us (yeah)

image.thumb.png.4768833b66bac8600d9dded32f136d22.png

53 minutes ago, SoulBuster said:

That is really amazing and such a fast response. Fenders can handle DD but 20 programs max looks like. 

That looks like the loader from AUX.SYS which comes with SuperDos. It is limited to the number of files because the loader uses the 1st 3 sectors as per normal boot process and the last sectors of the directory, so not taking up any normal storage space on a dos 2 disk. This loader has the ability to load very low and move it self high if it detects if it is about to be written over. If that happens again, it will use Supermon to load the program if it is present. It uses highspeed sio but if supermon is used, speed reverts to normal.

• Like 1