IGNORED

Modern Power Supply to replace the bricks of old

1 hour ago, TGB1718 said:

Would be ok for an 800 and 400, maybe 1200XL too, but I wouldn't use one on a 1050, it's about 1 amp short of the Atari ones,

it might run ok, but I would think it would get very hot.

I agree as the Atari 1050 power supplies part number C060592-34/TM 7498  are output rated for 9V 27VA 50Hz for continous use in the UK. 17 Watts seems 10 Watts less than factory requirements.

18 minutes ago, TZJB said:

I agree as the Atari 1050 power supplies part number C060592-34/TM 7498  are output rated for 9V 27VA 50Hz for continous use in the UK. 17 Watts seems 10 Watts less than factory requirements.

That is why I don't use my aforementioned 9v AC 2amp 18va with the likes of the 1050 or 810 drives.

• Like 1

Since the 800 has a bridge rectifier on the input, you don't actually need an AC voltage to run it.  I haven't tried it, but as long as it had enough current capacity, you should be able to safely use any supply between 13-15VDC and polarity would not matter.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

Don't think it will produce the -5VDC from a DC input

Yes, you are right.  You still need AC to produce the -5vdc.  So you couldn't do this with a stock 800, as you need the -5vdc for the 4116 RAMs.  However if you've upgraded to a modern memory solution this would work.