IGNORED

Need a "The 400" subforum

Zonie

Sub forum makes sense. FujiNet has one. The400 is a completely new device and we keep getting new thread/posts pop up all the time. These things will happen, especially when a lot of interest and excitement is about. Also, we clearly have a lot of new posters new to AA coming in, unfamiliar with AA, and perhaps even totally new to the Atari 8 bit line. 

A sub forum would hopefully help matters IMHO. Currently we have way too many threads and the same questions and answers are being bounced around. Really hard to keep track or get much clarity on things. 

:)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

Well, I wouldn't consider a thread about the possibility of some sort of A8 mini, started over six years before the announcement of said mini, to actually be about The 400.

Still, I obviously didn't go back far enough and missed a couple.

I'm sure there will only be more threads started once it's actually released.

Edited by bfollowell

12 hours ago, Albert said:

How many "THE400" threads are there so far?

You can delete my thread topic of it.  I won't mind.  When I made the thread, I didn't realize someone already had one.  I did check ahead of time but I must've overlooked it.  I found out about the duplicate thread I made when another member told me.  Anyway, sorry for doing that.  It was an honest mistake. 

i humbly suggest that discussion of this should happen in the threads in “Dedicated Systems” with the talk of other standalone units like Atari Flashback.

This isn’t a new platform, it’s an emulation of something old. There won’t be bough discussion to justify making a whole new section, and if I’m wrong, it can  be created at that time. 

https://forums.atariage.com/forum/19-dedicated-systems/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

You can delete my thread topic of it.  I won't mind.  When I made the thread, I didn't realize someone already had one.  I did check ahead of time but I must've overlooked it.  I found out about the duplicate thread I made when another member told me.  Anyway, sorry for doing that.  It was an honest mistake. 

Thats the problem. People don't see it, so they create another. Maybe put it under Atari General and move all the threads to it?

• Like 1

I am going to create a "THE400 Mini" forum, as we're still in early days for this thing (it's not even out yet, nor do we know all the details, such as the full list of included games), and as we get closer to release, and especially as people start receiving them, there's definitely going to be a considerable amount of "THE400 Mini" threads being started.  This will make it easier for people coming to the forums for the first time to find existing "THE400" threads, and it'll keep those threads out of the main Atari 8-bit forum so it'll be a bit less cluttered.

..Al

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4