IGNORED

Disassembler from Compute! magazine, December, 1985.

Allan

I looked really good, and I actually have no programs from Compute! for 1985.  But here's a thought... what if we got a group of volunteers and each did a block of lines using the Compute! "Automatic Proofreader?"  "Many hands..."  So no individual would have to do the whole thing?  I'd volunteer for that.  We could LIST the lines and send them to you?  What would you think of a group project -- feasible? (Assuming that no one has it.)

• Like 1

I knew it was a long shot but I thought I would try. I am typing it in now. I am at line 1000.  If I come across a really big listing a might try your suggestion if we can a get a few people to do it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rybags said:

OCR will work on the old 9-pin printouts.  But you'd be spending almost as much time manually correcting it as you would typing it in.

It makes so many mistakes that monkey would do a better job. It's been decades of OCR tech but it just never gets better when it comes to program listings.

• Like 3

I first tried to OCR programs when all we had were those 4" (or so) hand scanners.  Early 90's?  What a disaster!  I wonder if there is some way that we could use the "proofreader" programs with output from OCR'd text.  I also once wrote a program to parse OCR output to correct common errors in OCR'd Basic listings.  It helped, but still had lots of errors that had to be found/fixed.

27 minutes ago, Allan said:

I am missing four data and can't seem to find them. Argg!! The FOR-NEXT loop runs out of data at 252.

To save a little time, can you tell us where the data reader code is (lines) and the data statements (lines) where you think they are missing?

It's the data starting at line 1230

1220 FOR X=0 TO 255:READ F$:R$((X*4)+1,(X*4)+4)=F$:NEXT X:RETURN 
1230 DATA BRK ,ORAB,,,,ORAZ,ASLZ,,PHP ,ORA@,ASLA,,,ORAN,ASLN,,BPLR,ORAC,,,,ORAU,ASLU,CLC ,ORAY,,,,ORAX
1240 DATA ASLX,,JSRN,ANDB,,,BITZ,ANDZ,ROLZ,,PLP ,AND@,ROLA,,BITN,ANDN,ROLN,,BMIR,ANDC,,,,ANDU,ROLU,,SEC ,ANDY,,,
1250 DATA ANDX,ROLX,,RTI ,EORB,,,,EORZ,LSRZ,,PHA EOR@,LSRA,,JMPN,EORN,LSRN,,BVCR,EORC,,,,EORU,LSRU,,CLI ,EORY,,,
1260 DATA EORX,LSRX,,RTS ,ADCB,,,,ADCZ,RORZ,,PLA ,ADC@,RORA,,JMPJ,ADCN,RORN,,BVSR,ADCC,,,,ADCU,RORU,,SEI ,ADCY,,,
1270 DATA ADCX,,,,STAB,,,STYZ,STAZ,STXZ,,DEY ,,TXA ,,STYN,STAN,STXN,,BCCR,STAC,,,STYU,STAU,STXV,,TYA ,STAY,TXS ,,
1280 DATA STAX,,,LDY@,LDAB,LDX@,,LDYZ,LDAZ,LDXZ,,TAY ,LDA@,TAX ,,LDYN,LDAN,LDXN,,BCSR,LDAC,,,LDYU,LDAU,LDXV,
1290 DATA CLV ,LDAY,TSX ,LDYX,LDAX,LDXY,,CPY@,CMPB,,,CPYZ,CMPZ,DECZ,,INY ,CMP@,DEX ,CPYN,CMPN,DECN,,BNER
1300 DATA CMPC,,,,CMPU,DECU,,CLD ,CMPY,,,,CMPX,DECX,,CPX@,SBCD,,,CPXZ,SBCZ,INCZ,,INX ,SBC@,NOP ,,CPXN,SBCN,INCN,
1310 DATA BEQR,SBCC,,,,SBCU,INCU,,SED ,SBCY,,,,SBCX,INCX,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK. I am going with 800XLNZ's version. I returned the 1023/1024 to 719/720. Tested it and it seems to work. 

Thanks, guys.

I am trying to type in all the programs from the December, 1985 issue of Compute! magazine. I just have to de-bug the Diary program and then I will post it in the other thread I made.

720_Sector_Disassembler.atr

• Like 1