IGNORED

Atari verses PC/Mac carriage return symbol

Allan

I use to know this but it's been so long I have forgotten. I am trying to convert an Atari text file (LISTed BASIC file) into a modern PC text file and I forget the symbol(s) to replace the Atari carriage return with. Does anybody know the symbol to use so that a LISTed BASIC file isn't one long line?

Convert 155 in ATASCII to CRLF (ctrl-M, ctrl-J) in ASCII.

I recall RespeQt can do the conversion automatically if you drag the file in/out of an ATR image with text translation mode enabled in the file browser.

As I recall the PC uses asc 13 and asc 10 instead of atascii 155.

I just usually use Altirra do to Alt-D disks click the > arrow to Explore disk then inside there right click the text to export and it looks fine on PC - autoconvert and autoconverts back on Import.

image.thumb.png.70d7ef4e527d845350f5bc5af757aca5.png

It looks like the line below. I used to just do a 'replace all' on the 'õ' with another character.

Dõ4150 PRINT #1;"   ";L$(J*30+6,(J+1)*30)õ4160 NEXT Jõ4170 CLOSE #1õ4180 RETURN õ

1 hour ago, skr said:

Errrm ... what?

AltirraOnMac.thumb.png.64f82bb00dd0512bb80efb14139f8ad6.png

Yes. You are correct. So my statement was not really correct. I did have Altirra on my Mac when I had Paralles installed but it took up a lot of resources and was cumbersome to use so I un-installed it. I haven't tried any way since. Other than Altirra, I don'y have a need to use Windows.

Yes, I don´t use Parallels since 7 or 8 years. Just using wine, which doesn´t force you to install a full windows. For what I need, it is enough. Altirra and MadStudio start just like any native Mac app. You should give it a try, doesn´t eat much resources.