IGNORED

Whoa! Tom Sloper Just Slammed Me!

Tempest

Tempest, I don't know since I don't know this guy.

But here is what I feel is the deal. You are asking questions on items that he either doesn't really know or have access to anymore (Or care..really). And none of your questions really go along with what his message board was designed for ie that being the discussion of game design etc...

My take is this and please...please do not take this the wrong way.

I simply think this guy is starting to get annoyed with your questions. Too bad if this is the case as he would be...THE GUY to know about the possible protos that might exist and could have even told us what projects were being worked on where protos might exist.

Again, I feel he is tired of the questions regarding his past at Atari. He seems to have left there on a very sour note with them and also doesn't seem all that interested in the retro gaming as a whole like most of the visitors to the AGE are.

My 2 cents...(Doesn't mean much...I know)

Now that's the thing. He is into the classic gaming thing; he was at CGE 1999 and will be at this year's convention. I've asked him questions before and he said to just post them on that board (so I did). He never seemed to upset when he talked about his past with Atari so I don't think that's it. Like I said, I'm totally confused here. Maybe it was meant to be a joke?

Tempest

I guess we won't know until he responds to your latest message (I did see your latest..)

Like I said...I don't know the guy I was just trying to read his emotion from the words.

Speaking of the CGE2K1..are you going?

Yeah I'll be there, how about you?

I really hope he was just joking or jsut in a bad mood today. I'd hate to think I really pissed him off (or he really thinks I'm that shallow). If he was annoyed with me I wish he would just say so to my face rather than in cryptic outbursts of anger (I hate that).

Tempest

No sadly Matt I won't be attending this years CGE...but I did talk the wife into doing it next year! She want's to go to Vegas anyway but we have something else already planned this year.

Only reason I was asking...is because I really....really want a copy of that Elevator Action. If you have any idea at all as to what it will run (Perhaps DP has given some clues). Then I will find a way to get some money to you...to pick me up a copy.

I wish I had more...so I could have you pick up tons of stuff. But then you have to be able to haul it all back hehe.

Just let me know.

I posted a question on his web board about those funny Ebay prototypes we've been seeing (I figured if anyone would know about them he would). You should see the response he gave me. He basically accused me of being jealous of someone elses prototype collection because I was skeptical about those boards. WTF? I hope he was joking becuase I take great offense to that. Seems like he has a split personality or something, one moment he's all nice to me one moment and then he's blasting me the next. Did I do something wrong?

Tempest

[ 07-11-2001: Message edited by: Tempest ]

In case anyone hasn't seen the latest message on Tom Sloper's site:

Note: In maintaining the site, I accidentally overwrote the bulletin board with an older archival copy. Posts between July 10 and July 12 were lost. They could be reconstructed if anyone feels strongly about it, I guess. Sorry for any inconvenience -- Webmaster.

I wonder if his replies to Tempest had anything to do with it. He didn't come across in a very favorable manner in his replies. Maybe he wanted to clean the slate or maybe they really did get lost. Hey Tempest, I dare you to recreate them...

No No, nothing like that. Tom and I had a few more messages back and forth and I totally took his comments the wrong way. He knew nothing about fakes on ebay and such (he never thought anyone would actually bother making fakes) and that's why he couldn't understand my skepticism. We apologized to each other and it's all good.

He e-mailed me and asked me if I wanted to bother reconstructing those 7800 messages and I said no. So he really did accidently write of the message board by mistake, our conversations had nothing to do with it.

No conspiracy theory here.

Tempest