Jump to content
IGNORED

For Sale: Atari 800 Mechanical Keyboards


Divarin

Recommended Posts

Hi all!  Last year at VCFMW I picked up an Atari 800 and in restoring it I was faced with the issue of a broken, pretty much non-repairable, stackpole keyboard.  I found this Mechanical Keyboard and decided to go that route as it lets me re-use my keycaps and keep the same classic look to the machine.

 

As you may know when you have a PCB created you have to get at least 5 (can't order just 1) so I thought why let these other 4 go to waste?  I went ahead and built all 5 of them, tested them out on my Atari 800, sold one already, and now I have 3 more if anyone is in need.

 

The keyboard is a drop-in replacement, already includes all of the required 3D printed parts all you need is a screwdriver (and your Atari 800 keycaps).

 

I'm asking $65 (USD) + shipping (from Cleveland).

 

I put together some installation instructions (although installation is fairly straight forward) and there's some photos in that PDF if you want to check it out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bfollowell said:

Do these come with the 1.5u and 2u adapters for Hi-Tek caps as well, or just 57 standard adapters for a Stackpole brand keyboard, or can we just request for the type of keyboard that we have?

 

Thanks.

 

Hmm I actually overlooked the 1.5u and 2u adapters as they were not needed for my particular keyboard.

But I can print and include those as well.

Two of the 3 keyboards have already been sold but as luck would have it when I made it to the post office yesterday (after closing) their drop-box was locked for some reason so I still have the packages and can open them up and include those adapters as well in-case they are needed.

Edited by Divarin
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Divarin said:

Hmm I actually overlooked the 1.5u and 2u adapters as they were not needed for my particular keyboard.

But I can print and include those as well.

Two of the 3 keyboards have already been sold but as luck would have it when I made it to the post office yesterday (after closing) their drop-box was locked for some reason so I still have the packages and can open them up and include those adapters as well in-case they are needed.

You may want to check with the guys that purchased them. They may have Stackpole and may not need them. They've just needed for Hi-Tek. I can't recall how many of each. It's just a few for the wider keys. I think the Github page detailed them.

 

I'll try to let you know this afternoon if I think I want you last one, but if someone comes along before I get back with you, sell it.

 

Thanks!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

You may want to check with the guys that purchased them. They may have Stackpole and may not need them. They've just needed for Hi-Tek. I can't recall how many of each. It's just a few for the wider keys. I think the Github page detailed them.

 

I'll try to let you know this afternoon if I think I want you last one, but if someone comes along before I get back with you, sell it.

 

Thanks!

 

I'll go ahead and include these extra adapters for all of the shipments even if not needed just in-case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ledzep said:

 

Dammit, hahaaha, just saw this thread.  Of course.  Well, if you're ever in the mood to go through this again, I'd be up for a keyboard.

I was considering making more. Of course the only reason I had those 4 was because I needed one for myself, but now that I've done it 5 times ... might be worth doing it another 5 times, if there's people still in need of replacement Atari 800 keyboards.

If I do I'll post back here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Divarin said:

I was considering making more. Of course the only reason I had those 4 was because I needed one for myself, but now that I've done it 5 times ... might be worth doing it another 5 times, if there's people still in need of replacement Atari 800 keyboards.

If I do I'll post back here.

I got busy and poked around and didn't come back in time. I came back last night to tell you I'd take the last one off your hands and saw you'd sold it. I was happy you're gotten rid of it but mad at myself for poking around, so  I'd definitely be up for one if you decided to build another batch.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Okay I have a few more of these if anyone is interested.

 

Three people reached out to me privately and two of them have purchased a keyboard, one hasn't responded yet so I'm not sure if he's still interested.

 

So I have 2 I can sell for sure and 1 maybe depending on if that person gets back to me or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...