IGNORED

For Sale: Atari 800 Mechanical Keyboards

Divarin

Hi all!  Last year at VCFMW I picked up an Atari 800 and in restoring it I was faced with the issue of a broken, pretty much non-repairable, stackpole keyboard.  I found this Mechanical Keyboard and decided to go that route as it lets me re-use my keycaps and keep the same classic look to the machine.

As you may know when you have a PCB created you have to get at least 5 (can't order just 1) so I thought why let these other 4 go to waste?  I went ahead and built all 5 of them, tested them out on my Atari 800, sold one already, and now I have 3 more if anyone is in need.

The keyboard is a drop-in replacement, already includes all of the required 3D printed parts all you need is a screwdriver (and your Atari 800 keycaps).

I'm asking $65 (USD) + shipping (from Cleveland).

I put together some installation instructions (although installation is fairly straight forward) and there's some photos in that PDF if you want to check it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bfollowell said:

Do these come with the 1.5u and 2u adapters for Hi-Tek caps as well, or just 57 standard adapters for a Stackpole brand keyboard, or can we just request for the type of keyboard that we have?

Thanks.

Hmm I actually overlooked the 1.5u and 2u adapters as they were not needed for my particular keyboard.

But I can print and include those as well.

Two of the 3 keyboards have already been sold but as luck would have it when I made it to the post office yesterday (after closing) their drop-box was locked for some reason so I still have the packages and can open them up and include those adapters as well in-case they are needed.

Edited by Divarin
typo

10 minutes ago, Divarin said:

Hmm I actually overlooked the 1.5u and 2u adapters as they were not needed for my particular keyboard.

But I can print and include those as well.

Two of the 3 keyboards have already been sold but as luck would have it when I made it to the post office yesterday (after closing) their drop-box was locked for some reason so I still have the packages and can open them up and include those adapters as well in-case they are needed.

You may want to check with the guys that purchased them. They may have Stackpole and may not need them. They've just needed for Hi-Tek. I can't recall how many of each. It's just a few for the wider keys. I think the Github page detailed them.

I'll try to let you know this afternoon if I think I want you last one, but if someone comes along before I get back with you, sell it.

Thanks!

50 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

You may want to check with the guys that purchased them. They may have Stackpole and may not need them. They've just needed for Hi-Tek. I can't recall how many of each. It's just a few for the wider keys. I think the Github page detailed them.

I'll try to let you know this afternoon if I think I want you last one, but if someone comes along before I get back with you, sell it.

Thanks!

I'll go ahead and include these extra adapters for all of the shipments even if not needed just in-case.

12 hours ago, ledzep said:

Dammit, hahaaha, just saw this thread.  Of course.  Well, if you're ever in the mood to go through this again, I'd be up for a keyboard.

I was considering making more. Of course the only reason I had those 4 was because I needed one for myself, but now that I've done it 5 times ... might be worth doing it another 5 times, if there's people still in need of replacement Atari 800 keyboards.

If I do I'll post back here.

2 hours ago, Divarin said:

I was considering making more. Of course the only reason I had those 4 was because I needed one for myself, but now that I've done it 5 times ... might be worth doing it another 5 times, if there's people still in need of replacement Atari 800 keyboards.

If I do I'll post back here.

I got busy and poked around and didn't come back in time. I came back last night to tell you I'd take the last one off your hands and saw you'd sold it. I was happy you're gotten rid of it but mad at myself for poking around, so  I'd definitely be up for one if you decided to build another batch.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I have a few more of these if anyone is interested.

Three people reached out to me privately and two of them have purchased a keyboard, one hasn't responded yet so I'm not sure if he's still interested.

So I have 2 I can sell for sure and 1 maybe depending on if that person gets back to me or not.