IGNORED

Nintendo's success has corrupted them

Devaluation has been a decades long problem I'd argue with the advent of the LPT printer port style early BUNG and LikSang peddled old school flash kits and emulators on PC as well.  When you're buying you have a limited pool, and you get your monies worth whether you enjoyed it or just didn't hate it enough to return it.  Returns existed into the SNES era before some paranoid suited a-holes at toy stores decided to use a tiny pre-internet trickle of flash kits as the excuse to deny a return once the wrap was busted open short of a proven defect.  When you had those emulators and kits you could grab the early dumps of Gameboy and NES initially and outward from there as emulators happened and more ROMS found early archaic(by now standards) way to dump them.  You'd get this asinine level of gamers equal of ADHD... you can't focus, you devalue the hell out of stuff, and ROMS become along with ROMs on a kit no better than pages in a magazine on a rack you didn't pay for.

Flip...Flip...Flip...Flip...Flip...Flip...Flip...Flip...Flip..

...go the games 2min here, 15min there, you rarely return to much of any of it.  You feel guilty starting an unending trend of getting and sitting on stuff, a digital version of the shelf queen.  Now you have 10s of thousands of ROMS and newly opened to you translated roms and hacks, new games even... watered down by too much and too easy free access if you have half a brain and access to a browser and know largely what the internet archive is or just console: gamename rom download and boom you're there.

What Sony and MS have been doing along with Steam, key sellers, GOG and the rest is peddling a crack hit, oh shit...it's free, it's 75% off, ACT NOW!  And onto the next...and the next.  It's why I only largely anymore buy local, buy cheap, or screw it because there's already too much.  I have a steam wishlist over 70 I think, I may buy a few this year depending on time, steepness of discount, and ?  I avoid humble bundle and their clones, same reason...stupid mistakes.

Yet you have Nintendo where unless they overprint + it doesn't sell well (fairly rare) no physical sales happen, digital moderated and not often, because they know not to act like the rest of those price hustlers devaluing basically their currency.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

@JPF997

I await your thread on how Atari's lack of success has corrupted them thread. K thanks.

You think I'm going to defend this? Im a firm believer in fair use, what Atari is doing right now is completely retarded for a lack of a better word.

1 hour ago, JPF997 said:

You think I'm going to defend this? Im a firm believer in fair use, what Atari is doing right now is completely retarded for a lack of a better word.

I'm mainly being a smartass. Especially since I listed a bunch of lawsuits.

It will be fun to watch. If I remember correctly, Atari lost to Target for Foot Pong being used in their store. 

But it is this type of stuff as to why people make fun of Atari. I'm pretty sure there was one year they made more money from lawsuits than gaming.

They should probably thank anyone that recognizes them.

• Like 1

While clearly I'm not a lawyer I've been around some things over periods in my life to know Atari would have to bribe a judge to win that one most likely.  I mean the only shred of a chance is that side art showing the honey pot and the enemy creature there.  I mean I don't even see in the capture at least their mascot from that game, and the screen looks to be turned off so there's no gameplay or audio to whine about either.  As it sits I think State Farm clearly knew what they were doing covering their tracks, maybe Atari has some short fall coming and figured a good payout would cover it nicely.

• Like 1