IGNORED

Nuon Tempest 3000 reprint coming

jeremiahjt

8 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

Iron Soldier 3, FreeFall 3050 A.D., Ballistic, Merlin Racing, The Next Tetris, and Space Invaders all look as crisp as they do on other systems (Crisper in the case of IS3).

Freefall 3050 A.D. is only on the Nuon tho. I need to try that one again and see if I can controller the player. I don't remember it working at all with my HPI warrior and I think needs the rotating stick of the N64 style controllers

9 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I don't consider the games fuzzy or blurry. Tempest 3K is, IIRC, because it runs at half-res and Minter made an artistic choice to do some sort of anti-aliasing (Maybe just bilinear filtering for the upscaling, I don't know). I think it's the same thing he went for with the VLM-2, where he wanted no visible pixels (http://minotaurproject.co.uk/vlm.php), and I think the VLM generally runs at half res or less too, and hence also looks blurry, but again, not because Nuon is blurry, rather because the author preferred it that way.

Iron Soldier 3, FreeFall 3050 A.D., Ballistic, Merlin Racing, The Next Tetris, and Space Invaders all look as crisp as they do on other systems (Crisper in the case of IS3).

Interesting. On my 3 Nuon system they are not crisp (Toshiba and Samsung units) with component video. I have the same Space Invaders collection as well as IS3 on my PS1 running under S-video and they are all much cleaner. I am not the only one who has noticed this.

Edited by GrizzLee

10 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

Freefall 3050 A.D. is only on the Nuon tho. I need to try that one again and see if I can controller the player. I don't remember it working at all with my HPI warrior and I think needs the rotating stick of the N64 style controllers

It is on Steam now as well, and yeah, I've heard it only works with the analog controllers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrizzLee said:

Interesting. On my 3 Nuon system they are not crisp (Toshiba and Samsung units) with component video. I have the same Space Invaders collection as well as IS3 on my PS1 running under S-video and they are all much cleaner. I am not the only one who has noticed this.

Yeah I dunno. Perhaps subjective or different equipment. I also have IS3 on PS1, and personally I think the visuals on Nuon blow it away. I never play Space Invaders personally, so I could write that one off as shoddy memory perhaps, but I don't recall it being blurred.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cubanismo said:

Yeah I dunno. Perhaps subjective or different equipment. I also have IS3 on PS1, and personally I think the visuals on Nuon blow it away. I never play Space Invaders personally, so I could write that one off as shoddy memory perhaps, but I don't recall it being blurred.

After playing through IS1 and 2, IS 3 moves too fast for my befuddled self to navigate. 

Edited by Editorb

On 4/8/2024 at 2:48 PM, Songbird said:

Thanks for all the interest! Pre-orders are open in case you haven't heard. Bundle deals available if you pick up IS3 or Freefall 3050 at the same time! See the T3K page for details.

https://songbird-productions.com/product/tempest-3000-limited-edition-nuon/

How was the experience working with Atari? Did they even know this existed when you brought it up?

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2024 at 8:42 AM, jeremiahjt said:

How was the experience working with Atari? Did they even know this existed when you brought it up?

I presented them with a short list of possible titles to license, and made sure this was at the top. They were open to the license early on. It helps since (as is my standard operating procedure) I don't require any original assets to be provided; that means we had to clean up and recreate everything you see for printing. Really happy with how the logo turned out, since we redid it from scratch.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Songbird said:

I presented them with a short list of possible titles to license, and made sure this was at the top. They were open to the license early on. It helps since (as is my standard operating procedure) I don't require any original assets to be provided; that means we had to clean up and recreate everything you see for printing. Really happy with how the logo turned out, since we redid it from scratch.

Good to know. I half think they did not even know what a Nuon was.

I do need to order it. And Freefall 3050 AD. Someday when I get a Nuon, I should have some games.

• Like 2