IGNORED

Another batch of laptops: Dell and Lenovo (and a NUC)

The following laptops for sale.  I am asking $25 each plus shipping, which will be USPS Priority Large Flat Rate Box to USA and Canuckistan, only.  Payable via PayPal.  I do not have chargers for these (I used my universal bench power supply to run them up.)  While most work fine, I make no warranty on the batteries.  All have a fresh load of Windows 10 22H2.

• Latitude E7250, Core-i5 5th Gen, 8GB, 250GB SSD, peeling bezel
    • 20240319_213002.thumb.JPG.a9ad2e0d19fa0b7e3129608db5c10089.JPG
  • Latitude E7450, Core-i7 5th Gen, 16GB, 250GB SSD
  • Latitude E7470, Core-i7 6600, 16GB, 500GB HDD, touch-screen
  • Latitude E7440, Core-i7 4th Gen, 8GB, 250GB SSD, no battery, broken corner
    • 20240319_213107.thumb.JPG.7f80172d63558f5521aa8eaa50e14953.JPG
  • ThinkPad, 15", Core-i7 6500U, 8GB, 250GB HDD
  • Lenovo, 15", AMD A6-5200, 4GB, 500GB HDD
  • Inspiron 15 5568, Core-i3 6100, 4GB, 500GB HDD
  • Intel NUC 5i3RYH, Core-i3 5010U, 8GB, 120GB SATA SSD, w/power supply, WILL SHIP USPS Priority

I'm curious if this were of any use for old stuff, the Intel NUC 5i3RYH system.  If someone wanted to use this for some vintage (1989-mid 90s) PC gaming or some non-3D emulators (doubt any much 3D would work) how capable of this would be for that, or would it be overkill?  I know some of those dumpy i3 systems people seem to cluster to to run that old stuff, not sure if it's a custom boot of some modern era dos clone or whatever to do it as I never dug into it.  I think it would be handy to have something you could just toss a USB floppy or CD drive at and get some 20 year + old stuff going right, unless it would just run too fast and have odd issues?

8 minutes ago, Tanooki said:
I'm curious if this were of any use for old stuff, the Intel NUC 5i3RYH system.  If someone wanted to use this for some vintage (1989-mid 90s) PC gaming or some non-3D emulators (doubt any much 3D would work) how capable of this would be for that, or would it be overkill?  I know some of those dumpy i3 systems people seem to cluster to to run that old stuff, not sure if it's a custom boot of some modern era dos clone or whatever to do it as I never dug into it.  I think it would be handy to have something you could just toss a USB floppy or CD drive at and get some 20 year + old stuff going right, unless it would just run too fast and have odd issues?

I played a lot of GOG stuff on this, including Incoming and Incoming II, which are 90s 3D games originally built around the ATI 3DRage Pro.  I also played a PS1 emulator on it.  It plays DVDs just fine (hell, an old P-III can do that,) and I used it for Plex.  The only reason I even upgraded from this to an HP micro-PC is YouTube and the sports engine behind NCHC started getting a bit bumpy.

The Core-i3's GPU should be perfectly capable of most of the 3D from the 90s, in my estimation.  I have nothing empirical to back that up, however.

@OLD CS1  Could you give me a base price shipped as you said on that in caps 'priority' to my zip in 40242? (Kentucky.)  I'm seeing this actual chipset is being used in a 2020s micro-pc format loaded with FREEDOS to be used as a retro PC for vintage.  I haven't dug into the HOW but it seems this maybe quite a choice as a stow and go to use my older stuff than putting up with the bs with Win11.

Here's one example though it has 16GB of ram vs your 8 but I see many others in little boxes using 8.  This is in romanian but I have an auto translator.

https://www.emag.ro/mini-pc-intel-barebone-nuc5i3ryh-cu-procesor-intelr-coretm-i3-5010u-2-10ghz-broadwelltm-support-2-5-hdd-ssd-m-2-ssd-card-intelr-hd-graphics-5500-widi-free-dos-boxnuc5i3ryh/pd/D4R94MBBM/

46 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@OLD CS1  Could you give me a base price shipped as you said on that in caps 'priority' to my zip in 40242? (Kentucky.)  I'm seeing this actual chipset is being used in a 2020s micro-pc format loaded with FREEDOS to be used as a retro PC for vintage.  I haven't dug into the HOW but it seems this maybe quite a choice as a stow and go to use my older stuff than putting up with the bs with Win11.

Here's one example though it has 16GB of ram vs your 8 but I see many others in little boxes using 8.  This is in romanian but I have an auto translator.

https://www.emag.ro/mini-pc-intel-barebone-nuc5i3ryh-cu-procesor-intelr-coretm-i3-5010u-2-10ghz-broadwelltm-support-2-5-hdd-ssd-m-2-ssd-card-intelr-hd-graphics-5500-widi-free-dos-boxnuc5i3ryh/pd/D4R94MBBM/

This model will take up to 16GB.  I was running it for the longest time with just 4GB, but I watched Firefox jump up to over 4GB when watching videos.  It worked great for old games (especially You Don't Know Jack, oh man!)  Your link isn't working for me (blocked, it looks like,) but I think I get the gist from your post.  You will not have to worry about Windows 11.  This unit is not supported (no TPM) unless you do the bypass checks hack during the installation -- I have not tried that, however, as Windows 11 pushes me to consider Linux on the desktop.

Rough estimate on shipping is $13.20.

EDIT: I got the link to open... my price just went up by an order of magnitude ;)

50 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

This model will take up to 16GB.  I was running it for the longest time with just 4GB, but I watched Firefox jump up to over 4GB when watching videos.  It worked great for old games (especially You Don't Know Jack, oh man!)  Your link isn't working for me (blocked, it looks like,) but I think I get the gist from your post.  You will not have to worry about Windows 11.  This unit is not supported (no TPM) unless you do the bypass checks hack during the installation -- I have not tried that, however, as Windows 11 pushes me to consider Linux on the desktop.

Rough estimate on shipping is $13.20.

EDIT: I got the link to open... my price just went up by an order of magnitude ;)

Haha...doh.  I'll take it.  I'll just need to figure out how to coax freedos onto it, and maybe look into doubling the memory if necessary.  I've got a few oddities as it is here on a backup drive here, and I think I could manage to drop Win 3.XX on there for some stuff I've retained (Sim City Classic, CIV1 and Colonization for Windows) among other DOS based stuff.  Win98se wouldn't be hard to come up with either, just would need to create boot media to get it rolling.  I just like the idea of running stuff I've got on real media I've kept or what sits on GoG too as largely it can just be drag and dropped basically.

The mini PC arrived, I thought I had a spare keyboard but I don't so I haven't fired it up yet.  Once I can get to a thrift store or something as I see them often I'll try and get one with a nice sized cable, or hopefully a wireless module.  I use a gaming laptop so no spare keyboard to detach. :P

• Thanks 1