IGNORED

Colecovision Adam - tape rewinds but never plays

All -

I just got a Colecovision Adam from my son, and I picked up a Buck Rogers Super Data Pack to try out.  When I put it in and hit Computer Reset, it rewinds all the way to the beginning, and then keeps clicking. It never tries to play.  If I take the tape out, the gears keep spinning - it's clearly still trying to rewind.

Any thoughts on what I might need to do here?  I'm guessing there's something in the mechanism that should detect when the gears stop spinning (or encounter resistance) and switch things over to play the tape?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, reverendshoebox said:

Ya'll got a bad data drive for whatever reason.  1st thing to check is that you actually have a black rubber "tire" on the timing wheel bottom right behind the door.  This is usually one huge reason the drive won't work.

I just got a Colecovision Adam from my son, and I picked up a Buck Rogers Super Data Pack to try out.  When I put it in and hit Computer Reset, it rewinds all the way to the beginning, and then keeps clicking. It never tries to play.  If I take the tape out, the gears keep spinning - it's clearly still trying to rewind.

Any thoughts on what I might need to do here?  I'm guessing there's something in the mechanism that should detect when the gears stop spinning (or encounter resistance) and switch things over to play the tape?

Thanks!