IGNORED

2023 Homebrew Releases: Gameplay video by Papa Pete

Dear all, I am publishing the following message on behalf of IntyHome (Dino Yachaya and Roberto Viola):

" Hello everyone, I would like to inform you that Roberto and I have decided to ask to be removed from the nominations for Intellivision homebrew games of the year.

First of all, I find it contradiction that the alleged voting takes place via the Atariage website where the undersigned has been banned for years for an affair that has already been clarified a long time ago where the accusers themselves admitted to having exaggerated.

Furthermore, we do not appreciate the nomination system already defined by someone, in our opinion the nominations should be decided by collectors and enthusiasts.

In any case I wish good luck to all the participants of these inty Awards, in my opinion there will be no good or bad games, winners or losers, but only a lot of passion and spirit of sharing for retrogaming and to always keep our game alive with new products Intellivision"

Perhaps Dino should send a new message to Albert.

Edit: I like the filtering/nominations that has taken place. It weeds out the games that definitely wouldn't win in a category anyway, and simplifies the decision making from 30+ games to 5 or 10. If enough people complain about a game missing from a category, I'm sure something could be done about it. I'm guessing that would be very rare, because I'm sure the organizers have thought a lot about the nominations.

• Like 1

Where do I find a full list of every 2022 release that was considered for last years GOTY?    Even the games that didnt make it into any catagory. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Rev

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Where do I find a full list of every 2022 release that was considered for last years GOTY?    Even the games that didnt make it into any catagory. 

This thread might have what you want: 

On 3/25/2024 at 7:29 PM, 5-11under said:

Edit: I like the filtering/nominations that has taken place. It weeds out the games that definitely wouldn't win in a category anyway, and simplifies the decision making from 30+ games to 5 or 10. If enough people complain about a game missing from a category, I'm sure something could be done about it. I'm guessing that would be very rare, because I'm sure the organizers have thought a lot about the nominations.

You hit the nail on the head, Harvey.  It was a PAINFUL process!  LOL  I may share the exact process and scores sometime after the award ceremony.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 3:29 PM, 5-11under said:

The nomination process put an end to a bunch of inactive accounts logging in once a year to vote for the same publisher's lackluster releases.

I think that more than anything justifies the current system.

• Like 3

I don't understand why anyone would ask someone to proxy message a community you don't want to be a part of and tell them how to do their own community event.

This isn't Mattel Electronics in 1982 holding a contest.

Feel free to create your own GOTY polls in facebook groups. You can even amalgamate the results.

If you're the only publisher who has found a way to make selling Intellivision homebrew games lucrative, you're also in a position to offer up cash prizes and free games to the winners. To show your appreciation of the homebrew scene.

Similar to what the publishers who are lucky to break even on homebrew sales have been doing for programming contests.

There is a programming contest on right now until the end of April (thanks nanochess & Rev!). They could use some more prizes.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/364177-intybasic-tiny-contest-2024/?fbclid=IwAR0NQ0tyRzlc6OJHGI_aQ8AMksqQK7YWJYNhlAl3PYdWOPoosTQTFkImT9U

• Like 2