IGNORED

Altirra - loading BASIC programs , Exitting Altirra

What is the simplest way to get BASIC programs into the Altirra  (while running Atari BASIC)?  

I've been using the <SH>ALT> method - after copying the BASIC program from the Windows Text Editor.  Are they other methods?

When exiting Altirra, I first save the state, the File/Exit, and it responds that the emulation disk drives were not saved.

How do I save this Disk Drive emulation memory so that I can exit and be assured that the files I have saved on the disks are saved?

Thank you in advance for your helpful responses,

TomC

IIRC, Altirra sets up its virtual disk drives in "virtual read/write" mode, which doesn't keep any changes you make to a disk image after Altirra closes.

In the Disk Drives window, use the drop down menu to change from "VRW" to "R/W" and then your changes should be saved to the disk image when the disk is ejected or you close Altirra. You can also set this as the default write mode in the Media section of the Optipns window.

Or just use the "H:" option in the thread linked above, either should do the job. I personally prefer disk images for that old school feel, but YMMV.

1 hour ago, pjedavison said:

In the Disk Drives window, use the drop down menu to change from "VRW" to "R/W"

if your're saving to a SD card you need to hit 'save as' type whatever name you choose.

Simply changing VRW to R/W won't work.

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

if your're saving to a SD card you need to hit 'save as' type whatever name you choose.

Simply changing VRW to R/W won't work.

What do you mean? It shouldn't matter what type of storage the disk image is on.

10 minutes ago, phaeron said:

What do you mean? It shouldn't matter what type of storage the disk image is on.

Sorry should be more clear. I'm not using save state or H:. Just D1: , D2: etc.  When creating a new disk, If I don't do 'save as' with a name, the R/W reverts back to VRW.

I assumed the OP was trying to save the same way. Apologies if I misread.