IGNORED

Help me lose weight contest!

Robert M

I recently learned that I have astronomically high cholesterol. I need to drop my cholesterol, and lower my weight considerably to protect my health. So I figure I will get some motivation by running a pair of contests. The first contest is to guess my weight (in pounds) and my pants waistband size in inches. I will score everyone by subtracting my wieght and waist from their guesses and taking the absolute value of the differences and adding them together. The person with the lowest resulting score wins. In the case of a tie, whomever posted their guess first will win. The winner has their choice of any one of the 3 following carts:

Food Fight for Atari 7800

Ms. PacMan for Atari 2600

Picnic for Atari 2600.

So go ahead guess my current weight and waist band size. Here are some hints. I am a white male. 6 feet tall with a medium build. I am 40 to 50 pounds over my ideal weight.

The first part of the contest will close at Midnight Central time on Friday October 31st. I will announce the winner shortly after. The second part of the contest will be held in June of next year when you will guess my new weight and waistband size.

Good-luck!

245lbs. 40in. waist.

I was going to guess exactly those numbers even before I saw your post :D

So I'll go with 235lbs and 40in. waist.

Are you considering Atkins for weight loss and health benefits? I've lost 35lbs this summer on Atkins, have about 20 more pounds to go to be happy. Most of the new research out really shows the benefits in terms of cholesterol and blood pressure of the low carb diets. Cool forums with lots of info here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/

Good luck with however you do it :D

You weigh 225 with a 42 waist.  

If your chol. is astronomicially high,  I'd guess that at 260.

Actually its 229, but my Triglycerides are 696 and less than 200 is normal. If I went over 1000 I would be a walking time bomb waiting for something to break. :P

245lbs. 40in. waist.

Are you considering Atkins for weight loss and health benefits? I've lost 35lbs this summer on Atkins, have about 20 more pounds to go to be happy. Most of the new research out really shows the benefits in terms of cholesterol and blood pressure of the low carb diets. Cool forums with lots of info here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/

I am on a low carb diet. I will look into the Atkin's diet. Thanks for the tip.

Good luck with however you do it  :D

Thanks!

You weigh 225 with a 42 waist.  

If your chol. is astronomicially high,  I'd guess that at 260.

Actually its 229, but my Triglycerides are 696 and less than 200 is normal. If I went over 1000 I would be a walking time bomb waiting for something to break. :P

That's not terrible then, certainly not astronomically high. 220 is where it starts getting bad, but 229 certainly isn't all that bad. Mine is 221. My doc says that's certainly not good, just enough that I should lay off the junk food and exercise more.

249 lbs with a 42 inch waist. That's pretty much me, too, but I'm 6'5", so it's a little easier to take. I wanna hit 230, though. I've been just doing my own diet for the past few months. NO caffeine of any sort (that shit is a damn poison), very little sweets, a low carb weight loss shake for lunch, and a decent to large (and sometimes my normal SUPER large dinner. I'm a major huge eater. I can down a Pizza Hut Big New Yorker and a 2 liter with no problems whatsoever. And yeah, I mean the WHOLE pizza.) dinner. I went from 274 to where I'm at now, about 248 in about 4 months, but taking the weight off slow means it'll STAY off, too.

249 lbs with a 42 inch waist. That's pretty much me, too, but I'm 6'5", so it's a little easier to take. I wanna hit 230, though. I've been just doing my own diet for the past few months. NO caffeine of any sort (that shit is a damn poison), very little sweets, a low carb weight loss shake for lunch, and a decent to large (and sometimes my normal SUPER large dinner. I'm a major huge eater. I can down a Pizza Hut Big New Yorker and a 2 liter with no problems whatsoever. And yeah, I mean the WHOLE pizza.) dinner. I went from 274 to where I'm at now, about 248 in about 4 months, but taking the weight off slow means it'll STAY off, too.

Har!I used to order those 4 Pizza Party Packs from Papa Johns....ahhh$20.00 o' goodness..........I can taste the garlic sauce now....but enough...this is a lose weight thread :D