IGNORED

Got some CX40 joystick controllers from Best Electronics that feel "sticky"

sugarkane

I'm just wondering what other people's experiences are with the CX40 from Best Electronics. I bought two upgraded/refurbished OEM joysticks, but they feel "sticky" compared to my other OEM CX40s, and even after repeated use, they just don't work right.

I'm especially having problems playing a game that requires a quick change of direction -- for example, Amidar or Pac-Man or Thunderground. Say I'm going to left in one of those games and have to do a hairpin turn downward -- I'll move the joystick, but the avatar on the screen just keeps going in the same direction, even though I've moved the joystick. It's almost as if you have to take a fraction of a second to re-center the joystick before changing direction. You can't just fluidly go from, say, left to down. I switch to my only other non-Best OEM joystick and it works just fine.

That said, my other OEM joysticks always shit out after a while because they aren't put together with the quality and care of a Best CX40. I wish I could have both -- a solidly working joystick that is also long-lasting and durable. And I sure as hell would like to get my money's worth from my two Best CX40s, which I spent a lot of money on.

Anyway -- wondering if anyone has had similar problems, or if anyone has any solutions to tweaking the joystick to make it more responsive. I'm no tech guy, but would be down to give it a shot.

Over the last 8 years I've bought several items from him. One of the CX-40 sticks I bought broke when it was being used for the first time. I sent him pictures and he was quick to take care of the problem. I know that's not exactly the same as what you are dealing with but I've had only good experience's when trading with him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

Over the last 8 years I've bought several items from him. One of the CX-40 sticks I bought broke when it was being used for the first time. I sent him pictures and he was quick to take care of the problem. I know that's not exactly the same as what you are dealing with but I've had only good experience's when trading with him.

That's good to know! I will reach out.