IGNORED

Game Chambers - Comic Strip Contest

Ranthulfr

I thought this would be fun...

To enter, create your own original comic strip that relates to the Atari 2600 or classic video games in some way. Entries need to be new, original and funny. One person will win a boxed copy of Star Wars: The Arcade Game for the Atari 2600. I will post most of the entries on the Game Chambers web site during and/or after the contest. The contest ends at 6PM on Sunday, November 9, 2003 so you have about two weeks to submit your comic strip. For details and rules please go to:

http://www.gamechambers.com/gc_csc.htm

Thanks and good luck!

Randy

swtag_sm.JPG

Krytol: Thanks for your support. I hope this means you will be participating! :)

Gateway: Sorry you had trouble with the link... It is just a basic "mailto" link so I'm not sure why it would do that. Maybe one of the tech people around here can offer an explanation. When I click on it a new email opens addressed to contest@gamechambers.com.

Anyway, this is day 2 and there are no entries so far. Good! Eveyone must be carefully planning their comic strip. :thumbsup:

Gateway: Sorry you had trouble with the link... It is just a basic "mailto" link so I'm not sure why it would do that. Maybe one of the tech people around here can offer an explanation. When I click on it a new email opens addressed to contest@gamechambers.com.

Anyway, this is day 2 and there are no entries so far. Good! Eveyone must be carefully planning their comic strip. :thumbsup:

No worries! :)

I've had a comic idea in my head for awhile now, just need something like this to get me to start putting it together. Hopefully I can work on it between classes...

I received two contest entries today including yours, Atari Troll. I am very pleased to see the comics starting to roll in! Now I can't wait to see what inextremis staple, Big Player, and Gateway come up with (and I know there must be others lurking out there). I will try to get the comic strips together on a web page soon.

:D

One week left in the comic strip contest! Once the deadline has passed I will roll a die to choose the winner from my six favorite entries. Even if you're not the cartooning type, perhaps you have a funny observation about classic gaming that you could jot down along with some stick figures. It doesn't matter if you make your comic strip in five minutes with a crayon on the back of a napkin - this contest needs YOU!

:D

This could be an easy way for someone to get a boxed copy of Star Wars: The Arcade Game for the 2600, listed in the Atari Age Rarity Guide as a 5-rare. According to the guide it is the rarest of the four released Star Wars titles for the 2600!!

8)

The contest is over - much thanks to those who participated! I can honestly say that I enjoyed each of the entries and I'm sure others did as well. It is interesting to note how each strip has it's own unique personality. I really laughed my socks off at a couple of these.

Because there were only five entries the selection of the winner came down to a rolling of the die. I assigned a number 1-5 to each of the participants and the number six was designated "roll again". The official contest die received a nice, unbiased, random toss and the winner is:

Jack "Atari Troll" Kortkamp

Congratulations Jack, please email me your shipping information and I will send you your game. Your enthusiasm in the contest was appreciated (though it did not influence the outcome in any way)!

Thanks again everyone!

:)