IGNORED

In Germany and Poland May 4 through May 13

I will be in Europe -- specifically Berlin and Poznan -- in early May.  I will be staying at the Crown Plaza Potsdam the 4th and 5th, then driving to Pozman the 6th.  I know that it is sometimes expensive to ship parts between USA and Europe, and I am willing within reason to take things less than a P-box with me.  Well, maybe one P-box, but that could be confiscated.

Is anyone stateside wanting something from Europe?  Anyone on the continent wanting to ship to USA.  I have a connection on the way there through Heathrow (UK), but I do not have a long layover to go outside and collect things.

Jeff White

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Oh, man... I want to see the episode of "Border Control Europe" for this visit!

The camera adds 30 pounds (~14 kg).  Not that fat.  Not that fat.  Shut up!  I am not that fat!

Germany has never cared about what I took to Europe, because my final destination was in Poland via the autobahn.  Even if they did, the shipping cost is saved even if the VAT needs to be paid.  VAT in Germany is 19%.  In Poland, 23%.

So consider it is 23% as worst case scenario.  I will cover $1000 in VAT to deliver to our deserving European 99ers.  So $1000/0.23 (for Poland) is $4347 total product.  Likewise the other way from Europe to USA.  We are all equal, but some of us are more equal than others.  I will bring $4300 of product back assuming I do not break my back doing it.

Edited by Jeff White

55 minutes ago, Jeff White said:

Germany has never cared about what I took to Europe, because my final destination was in Poland via the autobahn.  Even if they did, the shipping cost is saved even if the VAT needs to be paid.  VAT in Germany is 19%.  In Poland, 23%.

Without taking this too far off-track, I would be amused to see how they would calculate value for VAT.  I suppose they would want you to show receipts.  But more so, the "wtf is that?" looks.  Back around 1990, I had to make a few trips up north.  I was 15/16 at the time and had gotten hold of a Commodore SX-64.  Of course, I took it with me, and airport security had some questions :D