IGNORED

The 10,000th post WTF is wrong with MegaManFan Contest

MegaManFan

Problem with changing colors: Colors in emulators usually aren't right on anyway (plus, it's easy to tinker with the tint control on an actual TV).

As for putting things that are out-of-place in... could be dicey. I did a contest a while back where I made a bunch of subtle changes to a Circus Atari cartridge label and people had to find the differences... but people just opened mine and the original (from the AA archives) in Photoshop on overlapping layers and set one to "Difference" which made those changes jump right out. I saw it as cheating, but there was nothing I could do about it.

Obviously with screenshots it could be a different story... but I'd still say the chance of someone finding a "cheat" to get at the answers easily is too great.

I just wish Ben were here with another of his mind-melting challenges...

:ponder: :(

"2600 Trade-ins"

Whoever sends the most number of usable Atari 2600 carts to the Atari shop wins. Albert rules on "usable".

http://www.atariage.com/store/buying.php

(I'd need a fair lead time on this though, given that surface mail between Australia and the US takes 4-6 weeks on a good day and 4-6 months if something goes wrong. :D )

Why are we all here?

Because we enjoy collecting, discussing and obviously playing Atari games.

So, a good contest could be made up of exactly that....well sort of.

Perhaps, you could begin the quest by simply posting a Login prompt. From there, users must determine "how" to log in and upon doing so, are sent off on a wonderfull journey where they begin what may be referred to as a scavanger hunt. This could include things such as trivia questions, contacting a well-known user on the board to ask a question, finding various bit of information about Atari or its games, etc.

Have fun!

Cap

but people just opened mine and the original (from the AA archives) in Photoshop on overlapping layers and set one to "Difference" which made those changes jump right out.  I saw it as cheating, but there was nothing I could do about it.

I think that was my fault. :D

How about guessing who does post #450,000? And MMF has the best chance to win his own contest then. ;)

I'm sorry, I know I should try to be impartial, but I have to end the contest right now. I like Maibock's idea so much that I'm declaring him THE WINNER of part one. As your prize, claim any homebrew or hack ($25 or less) from the AA store and I'll place the order for you. The winner of part two will receive the same. Contest for part two begins right now. :D

Ok how bout this, the prize for the contest would be a quadrun or something just as rare.

Part 1 of contest

Have a triatlon where atariage members would have to swim 2 miles through shark infested waters, then go the next 10 miles on a tricycle, and then run backwards for the final five there might be some pittfall type obsticals that will try to stop said atariage members. the first 8 to complete this contest will be able to go to part 2

Part 2

The final 8 people will take part in some sort of ultimate fighting contest were anything goes. when the field gets weeded down to the final 2 people they will be able to go to part 3

Part 3

the final will have the finalist taking part in an asteroids marathon video game, the first person to lose the video game will lose the contest. Asteroids is so easy that this might take a couple days to figure out who wins.

Just as an update, for part two of the contest you have now until the end of November to submit an entry. I don't want there to be any rush because I really want to see what those "outside the life" entries look like if people take the time to do something nice. I'll profile all the contest entries on my personal website as posted or submitted, and then create a nice page to profile the winner and his/her entry when it's all done.

• 2 weeks later...

How a bout a contest where someone runs OHLAA (sp?) or something for a day? They have to do MMF's job of reviewing bad rap albums and taking slack from goofball wanna-be rappers. The winner would win a dinner date with MMF and the lovely MRSMMF.