IGNORED

AtariAge sending out review requests?

Posted (edited)

Got an email from “Judge.me” saying it was from AtariAge asking about a purchase I made 14 days ago for 7800 Frenzy. Which is odd since I have neither ordered in the last 14 days nor have I ever purchased Frenzy. 

EDIT: Okay, so I noticed that it had an order number in the subject line, but not in the main body. That order does exist from *2015*. So, I guess I did order Frenzy ….. ten years ago. 

anybody else get something like this?

IMG_2962.jpeg

Edited by MacRorie
Add more info

I got one of these emails as well from judge.me, for an item from ten years ago.  I went to search up why and found this thread… OP posted roughly half an hour ago so I suspect we’re in the same wave of whatever it is?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Posted (edited)

Hello,

AtariAge Store and/or Forum Systems SNAFU'ed?

Like you , I just received an email on 2024-05-02 @ 03:37 AM PDT, requesting purchase review for a "AtariVox+ Speech Synthesizer" "purchased "14 days ago". 

Email Return-Path: "0100018f38e18969-b6ea10c9-a41c-45d2-8794-872636db7f86-000000@emails.judge.me"

Email From Address: AtariAge <requests@judge.me>

Email Reply-To Address: requests@judge.me

Received: from a9-54.smtp-out.amazonses.com (a9-54.smtp-out.amazonses.com [54.240.9.54])

When I checked my AtariAge Order history the last order I made was back on 2017-09-29.

Just sent the Store Contact a message asking what the heck is going on with the AtariAge systems to send me a new message about an order 14 day ago that does not exist?

And what the heck is going on with the AtariAge systems to send me a new review request for an order 7 years old?

Hey @Albert. Have any idea what happened?

- @Vectrexer

Edited by Vectrexer

6 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

I had unsubscribed from AA emails after I started getting ads from Atari

That was done just once for the holidays, and it was an email sent from AtariAge, not Atari (they do not have the AtariAge mailing list).

7 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

so I was surprised to see anything purportedly from AA. Glad to know it wasn't a phishing scam.

I was surprised to see that happened as well when I woke up this morning.

..Al

1 hour ago, roadrunner said:

Why is AtariAge saving user data from 10 years ago?

Because people like being able to go back to the store to review their order history and be able to place new orders without having to enter all their information again.  Credit card information is not stored in the store, though. 

..Al

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

Because people like being able to go back to the store to review their order history and be able to place new orders without having to enter all their information again.  Credit card information is not stored in the store, though. 

..Al

Ok, thanks

Judge.me has a 43 rating at Scam Doc 

Screenshot2024-05-02at20-56-01Judge.meReviews.thumb.png.696325fdfd7be9beada7adb909282e38.png

On 5/2/2024 at 10:37 AM, Albert said:

That was done just once for the holidays, and it was an email sent from AtariAge, not Atari (they do not have the AtariAge mailing list).

Whether or not they're directly using it yet, Atari owns AtariAge now, so it is their mailing list.

Just now, Nathan Strum said:

Atari owns AtariAge.

I know that, of course, but what I mean is Atari is not adding the AtariAge mailing list to their own.  I made the decision to send that one email out. 

..Al

• Like 1

Yep. Got one also for a game I bought 11 years ago (In a lot of several but it only askd for one lol). I went from elation to disappointment in a heartbeat, I initially though my store order was finally on the way. Then I realized (or thought) it was spam or an error. 😟