IGNORED

Tuesday Quick Contest #2: What Am I Redux?

davidcalgary29

The first person to correctly guess the name of the following game will:

-be forced to read a mock-up of a new Atari newsletter I've made (as I'm desperate for feedback) and, in compensation for this torture, win a copy of "Super Action Baseball" for the CV.

"______ lets the player assume the role of .... hungry man-eating beasts in more than 100 possible scenarios.

To satisfy his enormous appetite, the player snacks on his

opponents, while doing battle with National Guard tanks, infantry, helicopters...the player can wreak havoc on ... major cities..."

what game am I?

-be forced to read a mock-up of a new Atari newsletter I've made (as I'm desperate for feedback) and, in compensation for this torture, win a copy of "Super Action Baseball" for the CV.

"______ lets the player assume the role of .... hungry man-eating beasts in more than 100 possible scenarios.  

opponents, while doing battle with National Guard tanks, infantry, helicopters...the player can wreak havoc on ... major cities..."

what game am I?

Rampage

what game am I?

Rampage

Ah, well -- just goes to show you that even truly classic games can be derivative. Wrong! :D

what game am I?

Mail Order Monsters?

Crush, Crumble, & Chomp?

Ah, yes. Before "Grand Theft Auto", and before "Rampage", there was "Crush, Crumble & Chomp!" I remember seeing this one on tape for the 8-bits for a prohibitive price in '84.

I was going to ask you for your address, but realized that I already have it. Congratulations!

• 3 weeks later...

Package received

Hey, first time for everything :lol:

Informative interview with Ian Chadwick :) Especially interesting to hear about the crash-era days of publishing. And the JagFest coverage was an interesting perspective. Though overall, the combining the group newsletters could use a bit more polish than simply including everything in it's entirety ;) And the list of groups only list those that are in the US (with the exception of GCACE)...you might want to consider including groups that exist worldwide.

Thanks for the input! I have to admit that I (rather meanly) placed the items in a plain (non-padded) envelope, as I wanted to see how those items would survive the rough handling of Canada Post's international mail delivery system. :P

Would you prefer to see the individual group newsletters just scanned into the larger superstructure of "eight sixteen thirty-two"? I agree that photocopying individual newsletters makes the entire project look quite messy, but all of them are compiled on different and incompatible platforms, and I can't collate them all in a Dtp program.