IGNORED

another turkish cart ..... NOW A CONTEST

jahfish

• 3 weeks later...

veryhappy.gifI know that cartridge well. When we were younger, the best thing to munch on while playing the Atari was cake mix.yummy.gif One day I went to whip up a batch of cake mix and I found that all the spatulas were dirty in the sink. Of course, every 7-yr-old kid is a lazy butt, and I had Montezuma's Revenge on my mind besides! Rather than take the time to hose off a spatula, I snatched up my least favorite cart - REKOR ARABALARI (crappy slot-racers variant!), and began stirring the mix. As I remember it, the cart wasn't a very good spatula substitute - the eggs and cakemix didn't mix very well... quite inconsistent, really. We managed to get a couple of helpings out of it.

Later my mom came home to find the mixing bowl out on the counter. She'd come home to similar messes on countless occasions. She nonchalantly pulled out the electric mixer, and put the bowl underneath... Now, has anyone else ever heard the grating sound of beaters on black Atari cartridge plastic?! If you haven't, then know you are blessed. It's ghastly! Mom wasn't very thrilled about the whole thing either. grumpy.gif My dad had given her the mixer earlier that year for her birthday. That night, she looked quite heartbroken when she tossed what little was left of her birthday present into the trashbin.crying.gif

So, anyways, that should account for the brownish residuals and scrapes on the cartridge. It also proves that Atari Cartridges are quite durable. Kids these days, eh?

As to how I obtained the cartridge in the first place? Well, I am not Turkish, but my sister's mother's brother's ex-wife's children are... and well, that's a long story that I won't bore you with.crazy.gif

cheeky.gif

Okay, I lie. sly.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It obviouse.. this cart came from a solder returning from Iran.. He got it from Sadam's bunker, the one that was bombed first day of the war. Seems that Sadam is a big time atari geek and he was banging out a game of Pole Position when the bombs dropped. Lucky for him that little piece of magic atari black plastic saved his life! Ive always heard of rumors they were tough. Of course the Dactar clone console was demolished, the only thing left was half an atari controller and this cart. good find;)

• 2 months later...

i guess mr. mojo did the best effort to be creative but it might have been too much. i must admit that a lot of contributions were just old "brasil-cart-jokes" i knew from the board, and the dirty submissions were a little too dirty to be winners ....

i dunno who to pick .... :?:

Well, judgeing by the gouges in the label, it looks like is was on the floor for quite some time. Maybe someone used it to prop up the short leg of a table?

Ian Primus

ian_primus@yahoo.com

i guess this is the most accurate guess ... the label looks so bad and so dirty ...

so ian, you're the winner! i'll PM you later and will send a bunch of goodies to you!

• 9 months later...
i also found the game listed here:

http://www.digitpress.com/lists/psychopedia.pdf

:? :? :?

... and to think i've seen everything in atari this world has to offer.

too bad noone's probably going to turkey to find some of those turkish carts.

i wonder why i came by this thread on a day like today?!!?

anyway.. jahfish.. you ever see any games from africa or the middle east that are 2600...

.. please , please pm me.

thanks.

They were short on toilet paper that day. The scratches were created by the un-bent wire coathanger used to pull out the thing that was clogging the john that day.

My understanding is that some countries (in the middle east?) don't use toilet paper. The right hand is reserved for that function. And that is why they shake hands with the left hand there. Neat, huh? Perhaps a distortion of a rumor of an untruth. Perhaps not.

Futher more, there may be no John to unclog. Many countries have the hold in the floor septic system. Who needs a porcelain throne, when a hole in the floor will do!

I geuss the contest is over but here's my hypothesis:

The kid gave it to his mom as a birthday present. She used it as a cutting board, slicing all kinds of meats and who knows what all.

BTW he gave it to her after it quit working.

Only if the creator of ET knew that all those carts could be used a 100 different ways.....