IGNORED

Was Toki game ever made for Jag?

grips03

10 hours ago, grips03 said:

Was Toki game ever made for Jag?

The closest thing was a project Ocean Software (who distributed the microcomputer versions of Toki) was a Bubble Bobble-esque action game called Apeshit (i wish i was joking) with monkey character sprites, which was never released for the Jaguar...

Ocean Power #02_0006.jpg

CsOrCDr.jpeg

FV659Kg.jpeg

Gamefan_Vol_2_Issue_06_0131.jpg

Gamefan_Vol_2_Issue_06_0133.jpg

GEN4 066 - Page 014.jpg

Gamefan_Vol_2_Issue_07_0146.jpg

atari-st-user-issue-101_69.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, doctor_shred said:

Was Toki ever made for anything other than the Lynx?

I think there was a Sega Genesis port. And there was an unrelated atari 7800 port.  Probably other minor ports I've never heard of for stuff like st... Wiki would probably have all the info. 

That video game idea kit sounds like a total scam lol

4 hours ago, doctor_shred said:

Was Toki ever made for anything other than the Lynx?

It was originally an arcade game, but it got a bunch of home ports.  NES, Genesis, Commodore 64, Atari ST, and Amiga. 

Toki also got a sweet remake a few years back on Switch and PS4 (probably Steam and Xbox One as well, but I'm too lazy to Google it).  But it was really faithful to the arcade version, just with beautiful hand-drawn visuals.  It's the only version I've beaten, although I got really close to the end of the Lynx port without realizing it as a kid.

On 5/24/2024 at 4:10 AM, PFG 9000 said:

It was originally an arcade game, but it got a bunch of home ports.  NES, Genesis, Commodore 64, Atari ST, and Amiga. 

Toki also got a sweet remake a few years back on Switch and PS4 (probably Steam and Xbox One as well, but I'm too lazy to Google it).  But it was really faithful to the arcade version, just with beautiful hand-drawn visuals.  It's the only version I've beaten, although I got really close to the end of the Lynx port without realizing it as a kid.

And I always thought it was a Lynx exclusive:)