Jump to content
IGNORED

Top 10 Most Underrated Games on the Amiga - True Hidden Gems


Recommended Posts

Top 10 Most Underrated Games on the Amiga - True Hidden Gems

What is the most underrated game ever released on the Amiga?! Did it make my list? I decided I would rank the top 10 most underrated Amiga games that bought me so much joy in this fun video. I feel all these games are true hidden gems! Do you agree?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Adriano Arcade said:

What is the most underrated game ever released on the Amiga?! Did it make my list? I decided I would rank the top 10 most underrated Amiga games that bought me so much joy in this fun video. I feel all these games are true hidden gems! Do you agree?

I dunno.  List the games so we can have a conversation without having to watch your video. :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I had NoteGPT summarize it. Dunno if it is accurate or not, as AI could just be making shit up like usual, but here they are:

 

  • Beach Volley: A fun and addictive game with colorful graphics and simple gameplay.
  • Hunter: An open-world 3D game with various missions and vehicles to control.
  • Cabal: A shooter game with a unique 3D perspective and a focus on offensive and defensive tactics.
  • Body Blows: A fighting game with four characters and special moves, set in colorful backdrops.
  • Magic Pockets: A side-scrolling shooter with unique weapon transformations and special abilities.
  • Walker: A 2D shooter with side-scrolling from right to left, featuring a giant robot and time travel.
  • Pang: An arcade game with 50 levels, where the goal is to destroy bouncing balloons.
  • Premier Manager: A football management game where players progress through leagues and make strategic decisions.
  • Weird Dreams: A third-person game with bizarre levels and dark humor, inspired by paintings and animations.
  • Fiendish Freddy’s Big Top O’ Fun: A collection of mini-games set in a circus, with colorful graphics and challenging gameplay.

---

I haven't played all of these, but I don't think I'd call many of them "hidden gems" as they are pretty well known.  IMO the only ones really worth playing today are Weird Dreams (very unique, and the Amiga version is definitely the best version) and Hunter (also very unique to this day).

The others might be decent games, but why play Cabal and Pang when you could just emulate the arcade games?  Beach Volley and Premier Manager might still be a lot of fun for sports gamers.  That leaves Body Blows (not a great fighting game), Magic Pockets (pretty fun, but not a great platformer imo), Walker (I really don't get the appeal, feels so limited), and Big Top (very shallow).

Edited by newtmonkey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 7:23 PM, newtmonkey said:

I dunno.  List the games so we can have a conversation without having to watch your video. :)

It’s not about conversation just about you clicking.

I have not seen him reply even when there was a modicum of activity in threads … pointless, but thanks for the AI/ML summaries, I ain’t gonna watch those videos.

Edited by phoenixdownita
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2024 at 2:44 AM, newtmonkey said:

I had NoteGPT summarize it. Dunno if it is accurate or not, as AI could just be making shit up like usual, but here they are:

 

  • Beach Volley: A fun and addictive game with colorful graphics and simple gameplay.
  • Hunter: An open-world 3D game with various missions and vehicles to control.
  • Cabal: A shooter game with a unique 3D perspective and a focus on offensive and defensive tactics.
  • Body Blows: A fighting game with four characters and special moves, set in colorful backdrops.
  • Magic Pockets: A side-scrolling shooter with unique weapon transformations and special abilities.
  • Walker: A 2D shooter with side-scrolling from right to left, featuring a giant robot and time travel.
  • Pang: An arcade game with 50 levels, where the goal is to destroy bouncing balloons.
  • Premier Manager: A football management game where players progress through leagues and make strategic decisions.
  • Weird Dreams: A third-person game with bizarre levels and dark humor, inspired by paintings and animations.
  • Fiendish Freddy’s Big Top O’ Fun: A collection of mini-games set in a circus, with colorful graphics and challenging gameplay.

---

I haven't played all of these, but I don't think I'd call many of them "hidden gems" as they are pretty well known.  IMO the only ones really worth playing today are Weird Dreams (very unique, and the Amiga version is definitely the best version) and Hunter (also very unique to this day).

The others might be decent games, but why play Cabal and Pang when you could just emulate the arcade games?  Beach Volley and Premier Manager might still be a lot of fun for sports gamers.  That leaves Body Blows (not a great fighting game), Magic Pockets (pretty fun, but not a great platformer imo), Walker (I really don't get the appeal, feels so limited), and Big Top (very shallow).

Thank you for watching and I appreciate yout feedback. I guess, everyone has opinions and I appreciate yours. Good summary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

It’s not about conversation just about you clicking.

I have not seen him reply even when there was a modicum of activity in threads … pointless, but thanks for the AI/ML summaries, I ain’t gonna watch those videos.

Dont watch then, no probs, also, dont comment. There! EASY! You do not have to be so negative all the time. You are a fun sponge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...