IGNORED

C64 Tron Deadly Discs on Atari 2600

Sorry, I've not played, but I am interested in the controls.

You use two joysticks?

Or one joystick and one keyboard together?  so it'll be more like the Intellivision version of playstyle.

Maybe a coupler to hold them together, such as:

5 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

Sorry, I've not played, but I am interested in the controls.

You use two joysticks?

Or one joystick and one keyboard together?  so it'll be more like the Intellivision version of playstyle.

Maybe a coupler to hold them together, such as:

Simple control scheme like M Network. Frisbee is thrown in the direction you are running.

Joystick and keyboard combo would be very cool. I like the Star Raiders coupler. 

First of all, very awesome you're making this game and expanding controller possibilities!  This is what got me into this whole beeswax.. 

You could use the Robotron Coupler pretty effectively as well:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1453064955/atari-2600-hyperkin-trooper-and-2600

a couple of approaches for this:

1. you could support left and right handed gameplay at the main menu

2. once you shoot the way you want to shoot you could recall your disc by then pressing any direction to make recalling easier

it's on my kinda long list of to-dos but one thing i've wanted to do is make a modern omega race joystick fire button option to insert over a CX40

then you could use something like this to actually play more like tron arcade / discs of tron games

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1727490978/atari-2600-joystick-pong-coupler-turbo

but dual joysticks could be the easiest approach.  most people have two standard joysticks around.  

Posted (edited)

I also have this one i made as an experiment.  really hoped someone making a fighting game might find this useful, or just a different way to play star raiders..  could make left and right handed options for folks.  i'm a lefty so this was how i started it.  

Edited by 8bitwidgets.com

On 6/3/2024 at 2:09 PM, 8bitwidgets.com said:

First of all, very awesome you're making this game and expanding controller possibilities!  This is what got me into this whole beeswax.. 

You could use the Robotron Coupler pretty effectively as well:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1453064955/atari-2600-hyperkin-trooper-and-2600

a couple of approaches for this:

1. you could support left and right handed gameplay at the main menu

2. once you shoot the way you want to shoot you could recall your disc by then pressing any direction to make recalling easier

it's on my kinda long list of to-dos but one thing i've wanted to do is make a modern omega race joystick fire button option to insert over a CX40

then you could use something like this to actually play more like tron arcade / discs of tron games

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1727490978/atari-2600-joystick-pong-coupler-turbo

but dual joysticks could be the easiest approach.  most people have two standard joysticks around.  

Interesting ideas! The magnetic couplers for these joystick and button modules may inspire your Omega race controller design: