IGNORED

Can Foundation 128K Memory Card be used as a 32K SAMS

I have a Foundation 128K memory card (not currently installed in my PEB as I'm currently using the TI 32k memory card).

I'm wondering if there's a way to configure the Foundation 128k memory card so it can also be used as SAMS memory.

I currently am using the the excellent IDE hard disk controller card by Shift838 and also the Horizon Ramdiosk v4000 HDR with the 8.42c ROS together with the F18A video upgrade.

It would be great to have the SAMS memory to use the newly released DM2K program (excellent) that now has the 80 column support.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Roger

Sadly. Not that I know of as the bank switching is done differently, as there is no memory mapping registers.

You can turn it into a myarc memory card and run their extended basic on it.

The Myarc and foundation cards basically bank swap the whole 32k not as useful for programming, reason why the XB for it needs ram in the cartridge port to store bank switching code.

The morning star memory card was better designed it had more options, in fact I made a dsr upgrade for the morning star one that turned it into Rambo compatible memory.

I also want to run the new 80col DM program, I am waiting to get a real Sams card myself, as I have all the other memory expansion ones even the rare corcomp 512k card.

29 minutes ago, rgjt said:

I have a Foundation 128K memory card (not currently installed in my PEB as I'm currently using the TI 32k memory card).

I'm wondering if there's a way to configure the Foundation 128k memory card so it can also be used as SAMS memory.

I currently am using the the excellent IDE hard disk controller card by Shift838 and also the Horizon Ramdiosk v4000 HDR with the 8.42c ROS together with the F18A video upgrade.

It would be great to have the SAMS memory to use the newly released DM2K program (excellent) that now has the 80 column support.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Roger

You can get a sidecar sams from @arcadeshopper or bare SAMS board from @Ksarul and build your own. You can also use a Pico sidecar unit described here, can be configured for Myarc/Foundation or SAMs useage, also build yourself, though I do carry a PCB for relatively

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickyDean said:

You can get a sidecar sams from @arcadeshopper or bare SAMS board from @Ksarul and build your own. You can also use a Pico sidecar unit described here, can be configured for Myarc/Foundation or SAMs useage, also build yourself, though I do carry a PCB for relatively

I carry Ksarul's boards in the store as well..

• Like 2