Jump to content
IGNORED

I wish nintendo released the N64 in 1995 and both the gameboy advance & gamecube in 2000


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I really wish that nintendo released the N64 in late 1995  instead because they might could,ve better compeated against the sony playstation, and while it is true that nintendo didn’t had any complete software line up of games for it but what they could,ve done was coming up with demo versions of supermario 64,zelda 64,kirby 64,killer instinct 64 etc,, to get gamers occupied untill completed versions of it will arrive in mid-1996,1997 and 1998 etc,,,

why? Because once nintendo released the nintendo DS in 2004, they bundled it with the demo version of metroid prime ,

same with the gamecube and gameboy advance, had they released those systems in 2000 along with demo versions of certain games like mario kart advance,yoshi story etc,, for the GBA or demo versions of games such as pokemon,wave race blue storm,metroid,zelda,luigi’s mansion etc,,, for the gamecube because am sure that if nintendo had released the gamecube in 2000, it might could,ve stand a much better chance against the playstation 2 and the later upcoming xbox,

am mean seeing those promotional videos about the N64 from 1995, the gamecube and the gameboy advance in 2000, it literally set the gaming world on fire with lots and lots of hype from nintendo fans and the mediapress,

so if nintendo bundled one of their demo games with those systems (assuming there were no hardware issues) , it might could,ve still selling well, am mean nobody criticized why there was yet no complete version of DS metroid so why not?

and since it is these days normal that not only digital but also even analogue medium copies of games do need to have constant updates overtime for bug fixes and what not, it became widely accepted by the gamesindustry to work that way to futher work on their games while keeping gamers occupied (eventrough i miss those days before annying firmware updates and games updates) 

Now considering 1995 was a revolution or a huge evolution in general with nextgen systems arriving at that time,windows 95 came around,internet became mainstream, more tv channels did pop up wich focussed more on teenagers rather then on adults, the backstreetboys was finalized and became a big phenomenon, i had my first lover back in late 1995 etc,,, everything felt sooo revolutionary for me the year 1995 oh yeah,

in 2000, not much was change but everything just did felt like new again, then i had my love with another girlfriend ,windows me & windows 2000 did hit the scene, the second nextgen system rolled around etc,,

yeah to me 1995 and 2000 were great and interesting years to me, 1996 and 2001 were not so great years to me for many reasons,

Now while it is true that the famicom was released in 1983 and that there were many hardware issues discovered wich nintendo had to fix after a callback order in 1984, but nintendo was likely able to recover from this. Sega at the other hand was always hasty with thing but they were always extremely ahead of it’s time then it’s competitors😁

trough it would,ve been cool if sega released a few demo versions of sonic xtreme to show their will to sonic fans to really wanna move forward into the 3th dimension.

 

Edited by johannesmutlu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, johannesmutlu said:

….., i had my first lover back in late 1995 etc,,, everything felt sooo revolutionary for me the year 1995 oh yeah,

You don’t say!!! Good for you.  Did your lover use to make up what ifs?

 

”My dear johannesmutlu, what if we met 10y ago and instead of being me I was an alien from outer space that looks like a clown until it’s more like a spider, my name was It but I was nobody’s cousin, it could’ve been the bees knees no?”

 

Why do you feel the constant need to make up alternative pasts … Nintendo is extremely successful as it is these days with the Wii first and the Switch later, and a fuckup with the Wii U … they’re fine.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The N64 didn’t need to be released earlier. It was plenty impressive as it was in 1996.

 

What it *could* have used is a CD-ROM drive. Its carts were extremely expensive to manufacture and a lot of that cost was placed on the software publishers, driving many of them away from the platform.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blah blah blah revisionist history for attention seeking...blah blah google translation failure.

 

Had those systems come out a year earlier, they would likely have been a little less capable, furthermore they would have been rushed and as such had little to no quality games just some rushed works to have something to do.  We saw how well that worked out with the Saturn for Sega.  Even if that hardware was possibly ready, prices drop, and if they showed up about a year earlier would have come at a higher cost too.  Also as stated, time wasn't the issue...a lack of a CD was because of control freak dementia patient Yamauchi forced that shit being a bitter stupid old man at that rate who couldn't read the obvious writing on the wall.  As such that old baffoon and his paranoia hand in hand gave us a 64MByte cart limit, and also a custom mini-dvd format for the Cube that kept a lot of games off what would have been the most capable hardware more or less at that rate.  Had both had a CD and a full DVD capable drive Nintendo wouldn't have had its ass handed to it.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Blah blah blah revisionist history for attention seeking...blah blah google translation failure.

 

Had those systems come out a year earlier, they would likely have been a little less capable, furthermore they would have been rushed and as such had little to no quality games just some rushed works to have something to do.  We saw how well that worked out with the Saturn for Sega.  Even if that hardware was possibly ready, prices drop, and if they showed up about a year earlier would have come at a higher cost too.  Also as stated, time wasn't the issue...a lack of a CD was because of control freak dementia patient Yamauchi forced that shit being a bitter stupid old man at that rate who couldn't read the obvious writing on the wall.  As such that old baffoon and his paranoia hand in hand gave us a 64MByte cart limit, and also a custom mini-dvd format for the Cube that kept a lot of games off what would have been the most capable hardware more or less at that rate.  Had both had a CD and a full DVD capable drive Nintendo wouldn't have had its ass handed to it.

I agree about this, if the N64 was CD based or if it did had a CD-rom addon, it could,ve become waaay more successful (if game developers didn’t had eventually enough of high royalty costs and policy restrictions from nintendo?) same thing with the gamecube, if the gamecube did had a normal DVD drive with support for multimedia discs including audio CD’s & DVD video etc,, the gamecube could,ve become waaay more successful (interestingly trough nintendo did licensed the panasonic Q but that system was only released in japan), but once nintendo created the gamecube they said to the press ‘we are making a game console NOT a multimedia system’ and they believed that because of that along with a lower price range along with it’s exclusive line up line up of games such as mario,zelda,metroid etc,,, that they could easily compeat against sony & microsoft, BUT sadly for nintendo it was not the 1980’s anymore since the landscape did had changed,

same thing with the N64, they might have trought that they could easily compeat against sega & sony by making their console cheaper (by opting for a cartride system rather then a 3X CD drive speed systeem), adding  more bits and relying on their exclusive characters like mario,zelda,kirby but sadly for nintendo at that time the landscape had changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

You don’t say!!! Good for you.  Did your lover use to make up what ifs?

 

”My dear johannesmutlu, what if we met 10y ago and instead of being me I was an alien from outer space that looks like a clown until it’s more like a spider, my name was It but I was nobody’s cousin, it could’ve been the bees knees no?”

 

Why do you feel the constant need to make up alternative pasts … Nintendo is extremely successful as it is these days with the Wii first and the Switch later, and a fuckup with the Wii U … they’re fine.

Well about those alternative posts i make , well it’s true that the wii and switch were/are successful, but it doesn’t take away that nintendo could,ve come with a better plan for both the gamecube & N64 and making better design choices for it,

yeah the wii u was not so successful but it did sold much better then the sega saturn and dreamcast, the wii u needed better ad campaigns and it needed the non-exclusive killer app game GTA 5 because that game was hot,

the virtualboy just nneeded waay more redefinements & adjustments and maybe also a fast responsive  sharp two color lcd screens to eliminate eyestrain as opposed to those red led mirror screens , because as gunpei yokoi stated, his developed virtualboy was not yet finished but he had to released it anyway just to meet the deadline,ouch,

and about my first girlfriend, she didn’t try to make up to get used with my ifs this or ifs that, because back then i wasn’t like that, 

Well what if someday scientists will met an alien from another planet outer space who disguised himeself as a freakin damn clown, well that would be great because then we no longer have to search for one of the oldest questions we as human being have ever wondered whether we are alone in the universe or not because then we will know that we are not alone, but untill then the search goes on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Wayler said:

You know what else released in '95? The soundtrack to J-Mu's life!

A coincidence? I wish.

 

 

I seriously love that song, eventrough i trought it was released in 1996 but hey that only makes it better🤣, this song really hits me with the  right snare,

well am afraid the more older i get the more things i will wish, for instance i wish i could turn things back like it was in 1995 literally everything including myself being 13 years old again, well lett there be a time machine invented so i can get myself back to 1995 and get loop myself into it forever,hahaaa🤣🤣

screw 2025 it’s time to go back to 1995🤣

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

i had my first lover back in late 1995 etc,,, everything felt sooo revolutionary for me the year 1995 oh yeah

12 minutes ago, johannesmutlu said:

i wish i could turn things back like it was in 1995 literally everything including myself being 13 years old again

Yes, that is....hmmmm....ok.........nope, moving along.

 

 

 

 

Just wildly off-topic but anyone else have situations were you have lots and lost of questions but really, really do not want to know the answers?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

furthermore they would have been rushed and as such had little to no quality games just some rushed works to have something to do. 

You mean the drought could have been even worse? 🤣

I think nintendo really expected me to make it that first year on mario64 and star wars alone 👎

oh god, I looked up the japan launch... mario, pilot wings, and shogi. How were there not riots?

 

I bought one just after launch, but games sucked and wikipedia seems to think n64 didn't win me over until late 1997ish. that's when I played goleneye at a friends house, and my first 'fun' n64 carts finally came out: tg rally (don't revisit that one), extreme-g, and sf rush. Before then I was feeding it games just hoping to see my super-powerful game console finally freaking do something. It was poop.

 

I get that most folks at liked mario64, but it didn't work on me.  so if n64 came out in 1995 instead, teenage edgy-boy reaperman would just call the jaguar the superior 64-bitter every day for probably almost two years. 🤣

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

and about my first girlfriend, she didn’t try to make up to get used with my ifs this or ifs that, because back then i wasn’t like that, 

Thank god.

 

But as far as at least 7y ago you’ve been at it.

https://forums.atariage.com/forum/166-archived-forums/

a pass on that lynx cart extension because, but I think @Albert should start archiving more of yours “imagine X, what if y, etc,,, (3 commas)” there just to stare at the full picture of an uneasy mind.

 

Edited by phoenixdownita
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

Thank god.

 

But as far as at least 7y ago you’ve been at it.

https://forums.atariage.com/forum/166-archived-forums/

a pass on that lynx cart extension because, but I think @Albert should start archiving more of yours “imagine X, what if y, etc,,, (3 commas)” there just to stare at the full picture of an uneasy mind.

 

Well 7 years has passed by very quickly and theres no way to turn things around  (unless atariage will invent a delete button and a unlimited edit button) and coicidentally my all time best is also called albert, hahaaa🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, johannesmutlu said:

Well 7 years has passed by very quickly and theres no way to turn things around  (unless atariage will invent a delete button and a unlimited edit button) and coicidentally my all time best is also called albert, hahaaa🤣🤣

No man, you cannot use that excuse. You had 7 years to clean up your writing, little by little, use punctuation, break up sentences, check that you use dot and commas as needed but you chose to not put any effort and instead ask of everyone reading your posts to put up with detangling the jungle of mumbo jumbo and wild hypotheticals you spew out day in and day out in search of attention.

 

That is very disrespectful and it means you are selfish ‘cause you think only your time is valuable and let the readers deal with whatever, ‘cause their time is obviously worthless.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

You had 7 years to clean up your writing, little by little, use punctuation, break up sentences, check that you use dot and commas as needed but you chose to not put any effort

I think it's clear there are, let's say, special circumstances at play and the amount of effort or the passage of time would not make a difference in this category. So better to just concentrate on the substance rather than the presentation. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wayler said:

I think it's clear there are, let's say, special circumstances at play and the amount of effort or the passage of time would not make a difference in this category. So better to just concentrate on the substance rather than the presentation. 

…of which there is none.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wayler said:

I think it's clear there are, let's say, special circumstances at play and the amount of effort or the passage of time would not make a difference in this category. So better to just concentrate on the substance rather than the presentation. 

I may have a harsher position here.

 

I am all for the Para Olympic treatment as long as you admit you have something that requires it. If you don’t, I assume you neither need the special treatment or want it.

 

By far my day to day interactions are overwhelmingly with able bodied and able minded people (99.9% plus) as such that is the normal filter I apply, if there are special needs then I can accommodate and relax but it’s gotta be explicit, we cannot lower the std just in case, it’s the other way around, we keep them where they need to be until need arise.

 

If he has conditions that require special understanding and attention first step is to state so, until then I assume he’s as able as I am.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

trough it would,ve been cool if sega released a few demo versions of sonic xtreme to show their will to sonic fans to really wanna move forward into the 3th dimension.

 

i love the saturn but, no... X-Treme seemed really confusing and in general a very odd title, i cant really wrap my head around the concept based on footage and what not. I think it was a bit wise to put 3D Sonic on the 6th Gen Dreamcast instead, HOWEVER, if they made a really decent "Sonic CD 2" type thing with 3D boss stages and the like, maybe it would've been one of the finest for saturn.

as for the main question, idk seems like all 3 did modestly well (moreso GBA than GCN and N64) and were impressive at release, N64 suffered from sticking with cartridges, that wouldn't have changed if it was released in 1995, Gamecube was also impressive but if it released in 2000 it might've sold even less for the first year due to the domination of the PS2 and its DVD player, which basically put the nail in the coffin for the beloved Dreamcast. As for GBA, didnt matter. GBC was doing well in 2000 and many of its most notable titles came out that year, and really it was competitionless then, the only non nintendo systems around in 2001 (worldwide or at least NA speaking) were the Neo Geo Pocket Color and the Game Gear, nintendo could've released the GBA in 2003 and i bet it wouldn't have hurt sales all that much...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh wow 7 years now?  And I was thinking it was more recent and using an utterly terrible martian to english translation script/website.  That does reek of disrespect, low care, low engagement, more about peddle me me drama and attention getting stuff than cleaning up your writing, yet it seems maybe it's just an act.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

By far my day to day interactions are overwhelmingly with able bodied and able minded people (99.9% plus) as such that is the normal filter I apply

And there is the problem, if the only reference point is the written word. A face-to-face encounter will quickly give you information about a person without the need for an official statement. You can tell a lot about someone's intellect and persona by just their expressions and accomodate your own input accordingly. 

 

There are a few people in this forum whose abilities are clearly circling outside the normal range. Sure, it would help them in their interactions if the condition was clearly stated. But for example, stating your own intellectual impairment is a bit tough because you wouldn't have that, if you'd have the capacity to comprehend it. 

 

Anyway, I guess all I'm saying is, in some cases the water is a bit murky when you don't have much to go on. But here we have 7 years of data and a beatiful pristine pond of clarity. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Wayler said:

And there is the problem, if the only reference point is the written word. A face-to-face encounter will quickly give you information about a person without the need for an official statement. You can tell a lot about someone's intellect and persona by just their expressions and accomodate your own input accordingly.

I know what you are saying but here in the USA you have to pay attention even just to pronouns and going by aspect you could be offending so now at work for example we were asked to refer to all interactions to anyone as “they” (which at times makes for interesting written feedback attempting to disambiguate they as the one person and they as the teams they work as part of ) … but I digress, and I know of disabled people (depends on particulars obviously) that don’t want special treatment and get riled up if they notice the difference.

 

 

Edited by phoenixdownita
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

for example we were asked to refer to all interactions to anyone as “they” (which at times makes for interesting written feedback attempting to disambiguate they as the one person and they as the teams they work as part of ) …

We have it easy as there are no gender pronouns. Everyone fits in the one single word, so there is no need to invent or learn new things in this regard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Wayler said:

We have it easy as there are no gender pronouns. Everyone fits in the one single word, so there is no need to invent or learn new things in this regard.

It only solves one aspect, I am pretty sure you will have the issue of biological sex vs self determined gender … but we digress way way too much.

 

The only reasonable thing I can do is ignore his posts for in as long as their presentation irritates me and just don’t engage … but he’s a little prolific, we will see.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...