Jump to content
IGNORED

Top 10 Video Games of 1990 - What's the Best Game from 1990!?


Recommended Posts

Top 10 Video Games of 1990 - What's the Best Game from 1990!?

 

What was the best game from 1990? Super Mario World? Mega Man 3 or maybe... The Secret of Monkey Island? Did your favouite game make this fun video rundown? Are we crazy? All comments and feedback appreciated.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, this AI thing is actually good for something:

 

Summary
The video covers a retrospective look at the top 10 video games released in 1990 across various platforms like the Sega Mega Drive and Super Nintendo. It highlights notable titles from that year, including genre-defining games, classics, and hidden gems. The video provides an in-depth overview of each game's significance, gameplay mechanics, and impact on the gaming landscape.

 

Alien Storm 
The video discusses Alien Storm, an arcade-style side-scrolling shooter game where players control the Alien Busters team to defeat an alien invasion. It praises Sega's expertise in creating arcade games and the game's successful transition to home consoles.
Dr. Mario 
The video mentions Dr. Mario, a puzzle game released for the NES and Game Boy. It humorously questions Mario's profession as a doctor and medication distributor, while acknowledging the game as an overlooked but excellent puzzle game.
Punch-Out!! 
The video highlights Punch-Out!!, an arcade game that celebrates machismo and the act of punching things. It encourages viewers to embrace their manliness and indulge in the game's punching mechanics.
Final Fantasy III/VI 
The video discusses Final Fantasy III/VI, a Japanese role-playing game (JRPG) that follows the series' tropes and is highly regarded in JRPG lists. It humorously compares the game's depth and rewarding nature to one's mother.
Mega Man 3 
The video briefly mentions Mega Man 3, the third installment in the Mega Man series. It praises the game's quality, challenging difficulty, and rock-hard gameplay without providing many details.
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker 
The video discusses Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, a game where the King of Pop rescues children from bad guys. It humorously comments on Jackson's love for children and the satisfaction of making the villains dance.
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse 
The video praises Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, a Disney game known for its epic 2D platforming and challenging but skill-based gameplay. It encourages viewers to persevere and get good at the game.
UN Squadron 
The video briefly highlights UN Squadron, a Super Nintendo space shooter with fast-paced 3D graphics, killer music, and intense speed. It emphasizes the game's status as the best 16-bit racer of its generation.
The Secret of Monkey Island 
The video discusses The Secret of Monkey Island, a classic point-and-click adventure game for the Commodore Amiga. It humorously acknowledges the game's massive size, spanning four floppy disks and over 5 megabytes of data.
Super Mario World 
The video praises Super Mario World, highlighting Mario's diverse abilities like walking, running, jumping, ducking, spinning, flying, sliding, climbing, and riding Yoshi. It emphasizes the game's excellence and status as a fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Adriano Arcade said:

Top 10 Video Games of 1990 - What's the Best Game from 1990!?

 

 

Do you really have to create multiple thread on the same video.

 

I get it you are fishing for clicks but why do I have to see it in three or more sections of the forums … money money money  … is that why you spam around?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, newtmonkey said:

Hey, this AI thing is actually good for something:

 

Summary
The video covers a retrospective look at the top 10 video games released in 1990 across various platforms like the Sega Mega Drive and Super Nintendo. It highlights notable titles from that year, including genre-defining games, classics, and hidden gems. The video provides an in-depth overview of each game's significance, gameplay mechanics, and impact on the gaming landscape.

 

Alien Storm 
The video discusses Alien Storm, an arcade-style side-scrolling shooter game where players control the Alien Busters team to defeat an alien invasion. It praises Sega's expertise in creating arcade games and the game's successful transition to home consoles.
Dr. Mario 
The video mentions Dr. Mario, a puzzle game released for the NES and Game Boy. It humorously questions Mario's profession as a doctor and medication distributor, while acknowledging the game as an overlooked but excellent puzzle game.
Punch-Out!! 
The video highlights Punch-Out!!, an arcade game that celebrates machismo and the act of punching things. It encourages viewers to embrace their manliness and indulge in the game's punching mechanics.
Final Fantasy III/VI 
The video discusses Final Fantasy III/VI, a Japanese role-playing game (JRPG) that follows the series' tropes and is highly regarded in JRPG lists. It humorously compares the game's depth and rewarding nature to one's mother.
Mega Man 3 
The video briefly mentions Mega Man 3, the third installment in the Mega Man series. It praises the game's quality, challenging difficulty, and rock-hard gameplay without providing many details.
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker 
The video discusses Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, a game where the King of Pop rescues children from bad guys. It humorously comments on Jackson's love for children and the satisfaction of making the villains dance.
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse 
The video praises Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, a Disney game known for its epic 2D platforming and challenging but skill-based gameplay. It encourages viewers to persevere and get good at the game.
UN Squadron 
The video briefly highlights UN Squadron, a Super Nintendo space shooter with fast-paced 3D graphics, killer music, and intense speed. It emphasizes the game's status as the best 16-bit racer of its generation.
The Secret of Monkey Island 
The video discusses The Secret of Monkey Island, a classic point-and-click adventure game for the Commodore Amiga. It humorously acknowledges the game's massive size, spanning four floppy disks and over 5 megabytes of data.
Super Mario World 
The video praises Super Mario World, highlighting Mario's diverse abilities like walking, running, jumping, ducking, spinning, flying, sliding, climbing, and riding Yoshi. It emphasizes the game's excellence and status as a fact.

AI to the rescue!!! Love this tool. Thanks for checking out the video.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Do you really have to create multiple thread on the same video.

 

I get it you are fishing for clicks but why do I have to see it in three or more sections of the forums … money money money  … is that why you spam around?

I couldnt seem to find a thread that was "ideal" for this video. and I do read and reply to comments thank you. I have interviewed over 20 Atari legends and helped keep Atari alive thank you Pirate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Or you come down your high horse and follow this very site guidelines like the rest of us, here:

 

https://forums.atariage.com/guideline

 

Spamming

 

Spamming is not permitted. Spamming comes in several flavors, including:

 

1) Posting commercial messages to the forum, where the product or service being advertised has no relevance to the forum they are being posted in.

 

2) Repeatedly posting the same message in multiple forums in an attempt to get "wider exposure". We will delete any duplicate threads of this nature, so please don't waste our time by doing this.

 

3) Using the forum to excessively promote your "agenda". For example, if love or hate a certain game console, that is fine. But if you feel the need to interject your love or hatred into various topics any chance you get, and it is disrupting the forum, we consider this spamming. This is also considered Trolling (see below).

 

but maybe given your special status as “helped keep Atari alive” ( Atari savior? Atari rescuer? Atari keeper of the truth?) you have a pass ? … do you?

 

I understand the enthusiasm mind you, just follow the guidelines.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

Or you come down your high horse and follow this very site guidelines like the rest of us, here:

 

https://forums.atariage.com/guideline

 

Spamming

 

Spamming is not permitted. Spamming comes in several flavors, including:

 

1) Posting commercial messages to the forum, where the product or service being advertised has no relevance to the forum they are being posted in.

 

2) Repeatedly posting the same message in multiple forums in an attempt to get "wider exposure". We will delete any duplicate threads of this nature, so please don't waste our time by doing this.

 

3) Using the forum to excessively promote your "agenda". For example, if love or hate a certain game console, that is fine. But if you feel the need to interject your love or hatred into various topics any chance you get, and it is disrupting the forum, we consider this spamming. This is also considered Trolling (see below).

 

but maybe given your special status as “helped keep Atari alive” ( Atari savior? Atari rescuer? Atari keeper of the truth?) you have a pass ? … do you?

 

I understand the enthusiasm mind you, just follow the guidelines.

You make a fair point. I will try to get better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, phoenixdownita said:

Or you come down your high horse and follow this very site guidelines like the rest of us, here:

 

https://forums.atariage.com/guideline

 

Spamming

 

Spamming is not permitted. Spamming comes in several flavors, including:

 

1) Posting commercial messages to the forum, where the product or service being advertised has no relevance to the forum they are being posted in.

 

2) Repeatedly posting the same message in multiple forums in an attempt to get "wider exposure". We will delete any duplicate threads of this nature, so please don't waste our time by doing this.

 

3) Using the forum to excessively promote your "agenda". For example, if love or hate a certain game console, that is fine. But if you feel the need to interject your love or hatred into various topics any chance you get, and it is disrupting the forum, we consider this spamming. This is also considered Trolling (see below).

 

but maybe given your special status as “helped keep Atari alive” ( Atari savior? Atari rescuer? Atari keeper of the truth?) you have a pass ? … do you?

 

I understand the enthusiasm mind you, just follow the guidelines.

This may be of interest? Here is a link to lots of the Atari interviews I have conducted. https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/?s=atari&swpmfe=652ea0d21b1427a1bfa685e40d9bc1de

 

I do love Atari and adore my Jaguar. I like to spread the atari love, with a few cheeky clicks of course! (wink emoji), but lets all be mature and friends. No bad blood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Adriano Arcade said:

You make a fair point. I will try to get better.

Thanks for the mature take.

The first answer above was a tad combative and I confess I misjudged you and assumed you’d reply to the guidelines response in an even more combative way.

 

I am glad I was wrong in my assessment, so told time will tell.

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...